Pondering B20 swap in a EG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SpOoN EK9

Alright so i've been saving up money for doing a swap for the winter season and wondering is this setup for a B20 into a EG good enough to run low 13's:

-B20z with GSR head (does it matter which year i use?) bored to 84.5mm with JE pistons/Eagle Rods
-TODA spec c cams, cam gears, springs, titanium retainers,individual throttle body
-GSR tranny, Hondata chip

Thats basically the rundown of what i'm thinking of getting and now my questions are:

1.For the VTEC timing belt, oil pump, and water pump, is it possible to use any year GSR parts? Is it ok to go aftermarket on these parts as well?

2.What size cc injectors would you suggest and combo with which kind of pump?

3.Is it ok to use the stock GSR clutch or should i upgrade to a aftermarket one?

4.And finally just wondering is it worth the money to get TODA cams or will purchasing JUN stage 2 cams give me the same results?

If i'm missing anything for the swap please inform me since this is the first swap i'm doing. Thanks

Yeah, it'll be enough to run 13s at sea level, assuming proper tuning, good engine builder and a good driver.

1. not sure about years, but OEM works fine
2. guess about 440cc (RC Engineering sizes), Walbro in tank pump
3. aftermarket- I run an ACT HD/SS setup, and it's plenty to hold any B series all motor build
4. I would run Jun 3 cams if you were going to spend the cash on Juns

Run a Type-R transmission or something with similar gearing (like SiR2), make sure you get an LSD.

Originally posted by SpOoN EK9@Sep 15 2004, 02:31 AM
Alright so i've been saving up money for doing a swap for the winter season and wondering is this setup for a B20 into a EG good enough to run low 13's:

-B20z with GSR head (does it matter which year i use?) bored to 84.5mm with JE pistons/Eagle Rods
-TODA spec c cams, cam gears, springs, titanium retainers,individual throttle body
-GSR tranny, Hondata chip

Thats basically the rundown of what i'm thinking of getting and now my questions are:

1.For the VTEC timing belt, oil pump, and water pump, is it possible to use any year GSR parts? Is it ok to go aftermarket on these parts as well?

2.What size cc injectors would you suggest and combo with which kind of pump?

3.Is it ok to use the stock GSR clutch or should i upgrade to a aftermarket one?

4.And finally just wondering is it worth the money to get TODA cams or will purchasing JUN stage 2 cams give me the same results?

If i'm missing anything for the swap please inform me since this is the first swap i'm doing. Thanks
[post=390515]Quoted post[/post]​

1. As long as you use parts from 94+ gsr's, you should be good.
2. maybe some 310's or 330's ? Depends on what kind of compression and what cam you are running. I have heard the stock pumps work fine for NA applications. You can always add an inline pump down the line.
3. I'd go act or clutchmasters if you have to replace it, they cost only a little more than stock.
4. Cams are completely dependent on where you want to make your power. I couldn't say for sure whether one would be better than the other. Look into some of rocket cams too, or at least talk to robert (rocket) over at m24x.com, and he'll give you some good advice.

Think about grabbing an endyn girdle while you're at it, while not necessary, it will keep the bottom end from shifting around. I'd go with some CP pistons over JE. CP seems to be doing a lot more r&d with their piston technology, and a lot of people seem to be using them more than je these days.

Thanks for the advice. By chance you know any good places to order some of the parts i was looking for because i was told Inline 4 tends to rip you off on what you get.

Originally posted by SpOoN EK9@Sep 16 2004, 03:15 AM
Thanks for the advice. By chance you know any good places to order some of the parts i was looking for because i was told Inline 4 tends to rip you off on what you get.
[post=390990]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, 9K Racing. What do you need??? :D

Also, I agree totally with Cal except for one thing. I like the XTSS better than the HDSS. That is all.

XTSS works too. :)

If you want to order pistons/rods and everything from a reputable store, give Intercrew and ImportBuilders (in my sig) a call.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 15 2004, 08:23 AM

1. not sure about years, but OEM works fine

[post=390535]Quoted post[/post]​

not on toda C's.
i've seen countless snapped oem belts running toda c's.
i'd STRONGLY press fo ryou to run the toda Timing belt.

I tried the link to the Intercrew store on this page but it doesn't work. Do you guys have a url for it and bout the 9k racing, what would be the url for that page as well?

Back