Pondering the meaning of life.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So my questions.

1)what makes you wake up every day?
2)how do you cure a case of the "blahs"?
3)what do you see in the future that makes you smile?

1. My 3yr old daughter and milf of a wife.
2. Meet up with my co-brewer and brew some home made beer. Nothing cures a case of the blahs like a good homebrew
3. Watching my daughter grow up and become and eccentric person like myself.

I picked up "7 habits" after a lot of guys on here recommended it, and can already tell that the book definitely will give some good ways of reevaluating your situation and thinking. I'm only on the first habit right now, about 90 pages in, but it's good. It actually talks about being proactive, and changing your situation from the inside out. basically, you can choose to let your life/situation control you, or you can be proactive ,and figure out what you can control and what you can't, and go from there.

Definitely a recommended read.

I loved my bike. But honestly. In college, owning a 6k toy, wasn't worth it. I'll get one the minute I can afford one, after I pay my rent, not before I pay my rent, like I was doing before.

I'm a bit late on this topic but I can understand what your saying nick. Life just likes to kick you in the ass sometimes and you have to work through it. Spring is just around the corner and the weather is slowly beginning to warm up, I suggest going out somewhere like the lake or hell even a local wildlife park and just walk around, being out in nice weather usually cheers me up.

I can see how its easy to get depressed though, I'm going through alot of that myself, I live in my car and occasionally bounce back and forth between friends houses where I store all of my possessions. I work 8-12 hours a day 5-7 days a week and I'm lucky to see maybe $100 a week because I'm paying off debts that where accumulated by my lowlife father....the girl I had been crazy about for years is getting married to some dick this month and she couldn't be happier...
I didn't mean to jack your thread btw I just needed to vent -_- lol

Shit I can live anywhere that's sealed with a door and a window and has a/c and heat, bathroom, and a kitchen, and electricity.

Home quality and size doesn't mean shit to me just as long as it's clean and not broken down, and has what I stated above just the necessities. The garage and car is more important to me.
yes, and so i am the same. people here might say i should be happy with what i have because somebody has it worse. yeah, your conditions are worse than mine, but there is somebody out there saying, "fuck a/c and heat, let me get my head out of the mud and snow." you are doing great. if you keep up this type work ethic, you will get out of the trailer park. if i could suggest something, try getting a job at a place like Discount Tires or Les Schwab, they will get you hours, they have good benefits, and you will be around cars all the time. And I know for a fact that they hire 16+.
I'm a bit late on this topic but I can understand what your saying nick. Life just likes to kick you in the ass sometimes and you have to work through it. Spring is just around the corner and the weather is slowly beginning to warm up, I suggest going out somewhere like the lake or hell even a local wildlife park and just walk around, being out in nice weather usually cheers me up.

I can see how its easy to get depressed though, I'm going through alot of that myself, I live in my car and occasionally bounce back and forth between friends houses where I store all of my possessions. I work 8-12 hours a day 5-7 days a week and I'm lucky to see maybe $100 a week because I'm paying off debts that where accumulated by my lowlife father....the girl I had been crazy about for years is getting married to some dick this month and she couldn't be happier...
Let it out man. I feel like we need one of those groups like on Fight Club where we can just be weak for a moment. I have a lake that is close. it's nice to walk around. when it's summer i'll start running more. i'm sure things will turn around for you too. it seems like it always does with a little perserverance.

I picked up "7 habits" after a lot of guys on here recommended it, and can already tell that the book definitely will give some good ways of reevaluating your situation and thinking. I'm only on the first habit right now, about 90 pages in, but it's good. It actually talks about being proactive, and changing your situation from the inside out. basically, you can choose to let your life/situation control you, or you can be proactive ,and figure out what you can control and what you can't, and go from there.

Definitely a recommended read.

I've been asked to teach the 7 habits program. I took it in the full version (a couple thousand dollars) and have a good grasp on it. If you need any help, feel free to drop me a PM.

Habit 5 is groundbreaking if you get it right (It's not easy)

....the girl I had been crazy about for years is getting married to some dick this month and she couldn't be happier...
THIS is the killer in this forum. Of all the shit that's gone down, this is prolly the most disturbing.

I know from experience that I can live in a box, lose limbs and have no job - but when matters of women come into it, the whole landscape changes. Buck up, camper - I was in your same home situation for over 5 years and after making proper decisions, I now own a home in a nice neighborhood (With a huge, stocked garage)

The father thing I don't know, but I'm sure that others do. I have the whole "taking care of an aging parent" thing going on in my own life, which is like taking care of a 5 year old girl with a pistol permit and driver's licence.

I've been asked to teach the 7 habits program. I took it in the full version (a couple thousand dollars) and have a good grasp on it. If you need any help, feel free to drop me a PM.

Habit 5 is groundbreaking if you get it right (It's not easy)
Thanks. So was taking the course worth the $$?

Let it out man. I feel like we need one of those groups like on Fight Club where we can just be weak for a moment. I have a lake that is close. it's nice to walk around. when it's summer i'll start running more. i'm sure things will turn around for you too. it seems like it always does with a little perserverance.
I agree completely its hard to keep a rouse of happiness going at all times but I try and it doesn't seem to be quite working as planned..lol
the lake sounds like a good idea, fishing is quite relaxing too

THIS is the killer in this forum. Of all the shit that's gone down, this is prolly the most disturbing.

I know from experience that I can live in a box, lose limbs and have no job - but when matters of women come into it, the whole landscape changes. Buck up, camper - I was in your same home situation for over 5 years and after making proper decisions, I now own a home in a nice neighborhood (With a huge, stocked garage)

The father thing I don't know, but I'm sure that others do. I have the whole "taking care of an aging parent" thing going on in my own life, which is like taking care of a 5 year old girl with a pistol permit and driver's licence.

I knew the girl since I was like maybe 5? we grew up together and I never had the guts to say anything because I thought she was too good for me but now when I look back on it I feel I was mistaken, not that it matters now....if only life was like the movies..lol
so whats the advice cel I could really use a huge stocked garage :D I'm working for peanuts right now because most of my time is for training and it can be quite discouraging at times. I've been racking my head for one of those "get rich quick" schemes lol but as of right now I simply seem to browse garage sales and pawn shops for items to resale on ebay which may pick me up a little extra pocket money, who knows

Thanks. So was taking the course worth the $$?

Like all of these courses, not worth it if it were out of my own pocket. Yale paid for it, so it was worth it.

All of these programs have validity, from Melon training, Covey training, What the Bleep, even "The Secret". Deepak Chopra has a few as well.

They are ALL good. But it's important to remember that no one person in the world has EVERYTHING figured out. It's important to take each of these things and simply "add them to your arsenal".

They are ALL good. But it's important to remember that no one person in the world has EVERYTHING figured out. It's important to take each of these things and simply "add them to your arsenal".

:werd: + eleventy bazillions

II knew the girl since I was like maybe 5? we grew up together and I never had the guts to say anything because I thought she was too good for me but now when I look back on it I feel I was mistaken, not that it matters now....if only life was like the movies..lol
so whats the advice cel I could really use a huge stocked garage :D I'm working for peanuts right now because most of my time is for training and it can be quite discouraging at times. I've been racking my head for one of those "get rich quick" schemes lol but as of right now I simply seem to browse garage sales and pawn shops for items to resale on ebay which may pick me up a little extra pocket money, who knows

A few items: I'll be quick., because the clouds broke and my ZX12 is yelling at me from the garage:

Senator Jack Ryan. Republican, from Illinois. Senator Jack Ryan marries Jeri Ryan (7 of 9) and works at a great job (He's an ex-bank financier and current Senator). He and Jeri reportedly visit burlesque and Avant-garde S&M clubs where Jeri claims that Jack dominates her in front of patrons, with humilitation and S&M practices.

Jeri. Fucking. Ryan. This dude is married to JERI RYAN.

So she divorces him. He denies it (He's a politician, go figure) and she is reported to make up this whole thing, and they have a son and a happy marriage. A few months later he loses the seat to an up-comer, Barack Muhammed Obama. We know the fate from there.

So in a few months, he loses Jeri Ryan, his kid, his supreme job and is now a decimated man. He loses his job to the guy that quite possibly goes on to be a President in a record 4 years of service. Now THAT is a rough day.

OH, and Jeri Ryan (Jeri is my hero, her 7-of-9 character is the model for my personality) just had a baby with her new husband, a Chef from France. Good job !

On another note, I was in your shoes, to a degree. I had a crush on a girl that my best friend grew up with. He never asked her out or anything, so I figured I was ok. She was just his friend. Well, turns out I move to New Hampshire for a few months, come back and he's got her pregnant and full of tattoos. I still have a crush on this chick, but she's his - so I back way the fuck off. These two have been friends since the cradle, and now they are married.

And the most miserable fucks on the planet. People change - regardless if you grow up with them or not. If you just meet them, if you've known them your whole life.

My speech here is not an effort to belitte your problems or feelings, but to point out - that it's really not the end of the world. All that's important is how you treat people, the rest falls into place.

Now, it's time to go twist the throttle.

lol well put, I had already realized what you said I guess I simply needed validation from someone else, you know how thing are when you get in that emo mindset. On the flip side I just got off the phone with a woman that seems to be exactly my type and we are to go out this weekend :)
+1 for you cel, great advice as always, now if I could just get me a bike to go out and ride.....

NO NO NO NO NO NO.... Riding a motorcycle is something that can NOT be described. It is the closest thing to adventure one can have without being the main character in an action movie. If you ride, you can NEVER get rid of your bike.

I'll go homeless and be happy. Don't touch my bike.

Well apparently he already has one and it really isn't something that is doing anything for him. So save some money and get away for a while with it. 250 a month for 2-3 months saved is a nice vacation a few states away. Just my suggestion.

Well apparently he already has one and it really isn't something that is doing anything for him. So save some money and get away for a while with it. 250 a month for 2-3 months saved is a nice vacation a few states away. Just my suggestion.

It's just the season. I'm awaiting the release of death myself during the winter.

And shit, I ride in the snow.

no vacation could ever compare to riding on a motorcycle
unless you took your bike on vacation

sidenote: i can't believe how much people want for these sport bikes in my area
i've been window shopping for a bike this season and the prices are just through the roof
it seems you can't touch anything other than a 250 for under $3000
even the F2's are pulling $4k

It's the beginning of the season, the prices are DEFINATELY seasonal on bikes.

I have a 1994 zx9R here for $3000 negotiable. He'll even do trades. You two are guys that can do a trade too, you're into similar things.

Lemme know if you're interested.

It's just the season. I'm awaiting the release of death myself during the winter.

And shit, I ride in the snow.

You = nick???

Ok nick, don't sell the bike. Sell the car. Or your soul. My entire point was you sound like you need to get away because you're stuck in a rut, either that or you're noticing grey hairs.

Either way, take a vacation. Go do something you've always wanted to do and get away from the humdum life that's boring you right now.

Back