Pontiac Solstice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phyregod

!!YTINASNI
I was just out running errands, and saw, for the first time in real life, a pontiac solstice.

Holy dayum they are sexy.. 8 times sexier in person than they are in pics.

Very tough looking, sporty, but mean. A+++

About time pontiac put out something that looks nice.

ehh i disagree i think they look like shit. i work at a pontaic dealership and got a chance to drive one,slow as shit,the inside is all fucking cramed(im5"11 160tops).big thumbs down in my book

ohh yeah there is a sticker in the door jam that says....maxium load of passangers and items in cargo area should never exceed 338 lbs.....so the no fat bitches sticker(dont know if anyone ever saw it) belongs on the bumper of this car

someone over on another board was saying that they wanted to sit in the car, and they refused to let him. said they are trying to make it look exclusive or something. said he walked out saying "guess you dont wanna sell any" lol.

Quoted post[/post]]
ehh i disagree i think they look like shit. i work at a pontaic dealership and got a chance to drive one,slow as shit,the inside is all fucking cramed(im5"11 160tops).big thumbs down in my book

I cant believe this car has absolutely no balls what so ever.

If i wanted a car that weighed 2900 lbs, and had 170hp, i would put a B16 in an accord.

Skrew this car, its just for people who want a cheep convertable . . . .at least its rwd tho.

Well, for those with deep pockets - the Corvette Tuners "Mallet" have planned an LS6 swap into a Solstice.

400hp with a car under 3000lbs? Most fun you'll have with you pants on.

yeah i thought the car would be fast for a rwd,2 seater,conv,sports car, but i was very dissapointed. i dont know if you guys saw it or not but the thing i cant get over is max load 338lbs. 2, 170lb people?

Looks wise, pretty good. Looks better than most of the other roadsters I have seen, imo. But you guys are right it lacks performance. Maybe they will offer a better motor package in the future, or maybe the people buying it just want the looks?

Quoted post[/post]]
someone over on another board was saying that they wanted to sit in the car, and they refused to let him. said they are trying to make it look exclusive or something. said he walked out saying "guess you dont wanna sell any" lol.

which is pathetic because it's not even a $30K car. hell it's base price is $19,995.

they wanted it to seem exclusive.

Mazda lets you drive the Miata, and that thing is 10X better then the solstice.

We're talking about a pontiac here, Now I'm not saying OMG this thing pwns a Saleen S7!! Teh sexxy powr!!!

Its a pontiac. Same folks who puked up the aztek. Give 'em props, the Solstice looks nice.

I like it. That market segment (Miata) needs more competition. There's quite a bit of potential in the Kappa platform. Wait for Saturn's version...

Apparently theres a 200hp supercharged version in the works - for both the Ponitac Solstice and Saturn Skyy.

I still want an LS6.

Yeah, but LS7's don't exactly grow on tree you know. Wrecked C6's are probably more plentiful than wrecked Z06's. I mean, you can buy them as a crate motor, but they tend to be $$$.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yeah, but LS7's don't exactly grow on tree you know. Wrecked C6's are probably more plentiful than wrecked Z06's. I mean, you can buy them as a crate motor, but they tend to be $$$.

What are you talking about? The C6 Z06 just came out. That's the only car with the LS7 in it so far. You can buy them as crate engines but only a few dealers can get them and they list at almost 13 grand.

Regular C6es (and the 05+ GTO) have the LS2.

LS6, my bad - meant the LS2. Been thinking way too much today.

Even at that, the LS2 is just a refined LS1 at twice the cost. For domestic V8s, the LS1 is still top of the heap for cost effectiveness, especially with a T56 behind it.

Back