poor gas mileage! my wife just got an LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

Ok my wife just got an ls about a week ago now. she is telling me that she is getting bad gas miles out of the car telling me that her grand am gave her better gas mileage. i was like yeah right. so i took the car for the week filled it up and i had to do some running around, and sure enough it is getting shitty gas miles. i was able to only get like 250 out of a full tank. what should i change or check to get some better gas miles? the car is 100% stock. with my civic and it had a b16 in it and i was able to get at least 320 out of it.

Yeah man i would say its your fuel filter. Try also using some Lucas injection cleaner.. I did the regular routine main and i was getting 400km before now i get 460ish

definitely do a standard tune up and just run a fuel injector cleaner through the tank and you should notice gains. Might just be the previous owner didnt take proper care of that wittle teggy.

yeah i agree they didn't take care of the car to well but the motor is in good shape great compression i was happy about that! i am going to put a ram air intake and might do some minor exhaust on her car. what do you think? header and cat back might help a little bit?

maybe....after you do the normal maintenance.

Just don't mess with it. Run the cleaner, do a tune-up and be done with it. I somewhat doubt your wife is going to want to hear that car rumbling over her stereo. Girls like their cars quiet. I'm not too sure about new intake/exhaust helping with gas mileage. Seems like it would be just a waste of money.

Quoted post[/post]]
Just don't mess with it. Run the cleaner, do a tune-up and be done with it. I somewhat doubt your wife is going to want to hear that car rumbling over her stereo. Girls like their cars quiet. I'm not too sure about new intake/exhaust helping with gas mileage. Seems like it would be just a waste of money.
To late on the intake...lol i put my old intake from my b16 motor with a brand new K and N filter took her for a test run and she loves it now she wants the exhaust on there...lol to bad my b16 dc sport header wouldn't fit on there or it would be on there already! but we will see i changed the spark plugs dizzy cap and rotor. and i checked the tire pressure and it was really high it was at 35 per tire! lowered it to 29. we are taking a trip tomorrow in the car to nyc which is about 85 miles from here so we are going to filler up to the top and see how she askes!

Back