poor man's type R

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

methos713

when doing a poor man's type R...what do you need besides the gsr block and b16 head? Does the setup last long...will it have problems? My friend has two g'zer block sitting in his backyard...and i was just wondering if i should go poor man type R...what HP and TQ will come out of the setup?

get new pistons and rods and better cams and better valve springs and retainers, port the head, cam gears, get a hondata....

the list is endless..

how much loot do you have to work with..

does he want to sell that other block? :)
you shouldn't have any problems and should last as long as you build it correctly, great setup.

Tranny also but to have the ITR's you will have to buy the ITR unit, I would consider a SiR tranny instead maybe and the oem lsd isn't all that.

GSR bottom, with higher comp oem honda pistons, ITR intake manny, and valvesprings,retainers, ITR cams, new base map for ecu. That is pretty much it I think.

Milan

i got itr cams, itr manifold, skunk2 valve springs...plan on getting retainers and valves, and some ctr pistons...if i don't go w/ the setup i'm gona use these on my b16...and g'zer stands for gsr...another name me and my friends use. By the way is p30 pistons good in gsr motor? and as for the block...he's not selling it...not selling both...they are just backups or whatever...plus it was bought off the streets...don't know if its legit or not...but if anyone is interested let me know and i'll tell him.

only legit shit for me, car was already stolen and stripped, theives need to die, if i ever find anyone with stolen motors, they're getting my breaker bar in their face. the p30 pistons are b16 pistons right? if so, then ya that would be nice in a gsr motor, it would bump the CR up over 11.5:1 i beleive.

at the time these blocks were bought...we didn't think about them being legit or not...they were dirt cheap...and we meet the dudes at a local streetrace. Couldn't pass up on it..so we bought it...after a while...SHIT...what if its stolen...oh well. were trying to find some way to change the numbers on the block...i remember in a shopclass...we got to use these metal number bars that we can use to punch in numbers. don't know if it will work...or if any hardware sells them...we look...no luck.

changing numbers is illegal.. please dont post that shit on here.. if only an admin/mod would turn your ISP in, maybe some "real" justice would be done bout stolen property. Remember, possession is 9-10th's the law.

Originally posted by Domeskilla@Jun 28 2003, 09:37 AM
changing numbers is illegal.. please dont post that shit on here.. if only an admin/mod would turn your ISP in, maybe some "real" justice would be done bout stolen property. Remember, possession is 9-10th's the law.

:werd:

:werd: Anyone, that has the indecensy to jack shit and not pay for it at someone else's expense then deserves to rott. Oh yeah, my bro's car was stripped, when they found it, on monday, so anyone going to buy jacked shit from WA, beware, we are hunting.

:werd: I had a B16a stolen out of my garage before. (it wasn't in the car) and I swear to god if I ever find out who did it, I will smash their face in with a pick axe :axe:

How would they know you had a b16 in your garage? Seems to me like an inside job man.

This is the reason why I don't flaunt what I have under the hood nor to I like to drive attention to myself by going out to car club meetings and just sitting there with my hood up and shit. I had a good buddy of mine that actually stole motors and he eventually got caught. He went to jail for 1 year and got out early in 4 months, now he is on house arrest for like a year. He deserved it though, and I always told him not to be doing that shit. Damn fucktards.

Milan

Yeah, my buddy, has a built to the walls ls turbo, and I have known him for like 2 years, yet he still won't pop the hood because of the same reason JDMilan won't. Just because there is the chance I might mouth up his set to someone and yeah, the shit would be gone.

If you are careful and set your alarm everytime, park in a good spot, etc, then chances of getting jacked are lessend IMO and yeah, if the stuff is still stolen hopefully it will be covered.

Hey the best bet is either the Poor mans ITR,or a stock GSR with JDM not USDM,JDM b16 pistons,p30 pistons,reason why JDM B16 pistons,u get more compression,the Poor mans ITR is like 11:6 compression with B16 head,b16 pistons and gsr bottom end,and u keep the gsr rods and put the b16 pistons on that u should get around 11:5,11:6 compression,that was my first choice,but then i wanted to do the same thing but different pistons,Instead of the b16 pistons,i was gonna use the CTR Pistons,12:1 compression,but then i heard the pump was to low of a octane so i couldnt use it,so then my last choice was a Stock JDM GSR with a piston swap of the b16 pistons,and the compression level is 11:9 with JDM B16 pistons,theres this video on youtube and this guy does the setup with the gsr and b16 pistons and he dynos and gets 211 HP and 143 Tq,ill show u the video not to sure on it,but he has stock stuff.<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHMEUGCWPEU"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/HHMEUGCWPEU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HHMEUGCWPEU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

holy shit n00b.. 4 yrs old.. doesnt that bright red text saying its an old topic mean anything

This thread was last active more than 49 Month(s) ago. Consider starting a new topic instead.

Back