poor man's type r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tphan4

anyone running a poor man type r on here? For those that dont know its a gsr block with a b16 head...1.8l block and the flow of the si head. How efficient is the setup? any power increases torque or hp?

Yes, I'm running a GSR block with a B16 head. You're not going to get any increases in power- you'll just lose some compression, lose your secondary butterflies, and not really change any of the flow characteristics much

Mine:
dyno_civic_gsr2_med.jpg

Yours won't look anywhere near that if you just throw a B16 head on a GSR block. :p

so theres no advantage as to putting that setup together?

Do the tech43 stroker kit.. Im currently tryin to get the parts.... B16 block, Ls Rods, Ls crank, custom pistons.... What do you get? 1.9L LS/vtec w/o the head work and a CR of 11.5:1 :)

ls rods+ls crank wont fit in b16 block, unless its a b16b block which means you essentially still have a b18b ls/vtec :)

Originally posted by tphan4+Dec 13 2004, 08:51 PM-->
so theres no advantage as to putting that setup together?
[post=431688]Quoted post[/post]​

Not without other parts to support it, no.

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Dec 14 2004, 01:29 AM
nope, unless you happen to have the parts lying around. not worth the $.
[post=431808]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by 99SiRidinLow@Dec 14 2004, 02:21 AM
Do the tech43 stroker kit.. Im currently tryin to get the parts.... B16 block, Ls Rods, Ls crank, custom pistons.... What do you get? 1.9L LS/vtec w/o the head work and a CR of 11.5:1 :)
[post=431823]Quoted post[/post]​

Hmm. I did some searching on it- pretty cool stuff! I would still just go with a B18 block though.

K2e2vin
@Dec 14 2004, 03:39 AM
ls rods+ls crank wont fit in b16 block, unless its a b16b block which means you essentially still have a b18b ls/vtec :)
[post=431832]Quoted post[/post]​

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=951003

Really high pin pistons is what it takes! I'd still rather have a solid oil control ring land, but that looks like it'll work.

damn thats high as hell. i guess using that piston in a b16b will give it the rod ratio of a motorcycle(btw, isnt it already like 1.8-ish rr?)

Back