poor NA b16a2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

disamis

i am using aem cai, skunk2 cam gears and apexi cat-back exhaust in my B16A2 and not planning to buy high lift cams or valve springs.(no more cash) :worthy: which custom ecu(skunk2, jun, mugen) is best with stock cams in b16a2. do i need fuel pressure regulator after custom ecu modification?

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Nov 1 2003, 03:36 PM
get what you have in your avatar.

:werd: :withstupid: if you have $1200 for the mugen ecu, or $450 for the skunk2 you must have cash. but if you are going to spend $400 on a vafc i would save another $100 and get a set of used skunk2 cams. you will get more out of those than you will any ecu upgrade.

86 the reprogrammed chips, I would go with a ITR base map and hondata on top of that.

yeah screw the vafc, hondata is much better, hondata allows you to adjust everything a vafc does, but it does it better and does more, for example, vafc allows you to adjust fuel for 2 settings on both hi/low cams where hondata you can tune over the entire map and the costs are very similar...

you don't need an ecu chip. you don't need hondata either. you aren't modded enough. nor a fuel pressure regulator.

frankly, i'd look into other areas of the car- such as suspension and tires.

Back