Poor, poor guy.. this is a tragedy..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is why you have insurance.

Fuck the cars and shit, you're still alive and obviously have money to replace it.

Dry it up and start over.

This is ridiculous, I don't CARE what's in the Z

He has a Lamborghini, a 48 Harley, a Viper and he's crying about a datsun ?

Thousands of hours into a project ? Yeah,I know that too. I've given away thousands of project hours. It sucks, but ... come on.

Honestly, that 300z can be built easily, regardless of all the crap he's crying about.

It would suck to wind up on the short end of the stick from the insurance company, if that happens to be the case, but I would be more worried about other vintage items that cannot be replaced. The Z's were produced in the thousands, the other cars were not.

The shop press or anything else that could have possibly been passed down by family members would have been of more sentimental value to myself than anything else.

is it just me or does that dude have some mean scars on both sides of his head?

in the video he says his father was welding...
there's a little lesson to be learned from this

probably brain surgery..

but also on the description of the video it says that the cause of fire is unknown

so, wait... the dude has an r1, an r6, a TTzx and a viper GTS, and he lives at home with mom and dad?

lol

so, wait... the dude has an r1, an r6, a TTzx and a viper GTS, and he lives at home with mom and dad?

lol

is it just me or does that dude have some mean scars on both sides of his head?
i'm guessing he got some money from a settlement or something. Someone who is signed up for that forum should ask.

If I had that much $$$ in a garage it would have a sprinkler system.

And on a side note... my dad's friend's body shop went up in flames from another friend welding late one night. He was able to pull a Mustang that they had restored, I want to say 500GT, but it might have been a 350GT, out with minor fire damage but all the customers' cars were lost. They also lost the car that was being welded. It was some antique European race car. It looked like an old school MG convertible.

Obviously he had insurance so now instead of a small shop that had addition after addition added to it, he has one pimp ass shop.

remember kids, a clean shop is a safe shop.

was probably welding over a puddle of oil/gas, etc
That was the case with my dad's friend's place. Gas on the floor behind him, spark flew over his shoulder, turned around to a fire. I just remembered, the car looked a lot like the Jaguar from Money Talks with Chris Tucker, but it was black. And then it was really black.

same shit happened at our shop
my one friend was working on a fender over a garbage can, cleaned it down with thinner
then decided to weld over said garbage can
resulted in a big explosion that prob would have fucked his face if he didn't have the welding mask on

my other friend was smart enough to run over and drag the burning garbage can outside

Back