Poor throttle response / LOW rpm choking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mattpowerz

Hi, I have a 1989 CRX converted to OBD1, with a B16a. It has been my daily driver, but I recently developed this problem. When the car is cold, it doesn't have any problem. once it warms up, it gets poor throttle response (at idle, as well as driving), and when driving, if I slow down to anywhere between 1-2.2k rpms, then accelerate, the car shakes unbelievably, and barely accelerates. post-2.2k, it seems to be fine. We idled it once it was hot, and there is a big delay in the throttle response. it also dips in rpms a little before it catches up, and raises again.

Thoughts and ideas would be lovely.

Thanks a lot.

-Matt

What sensors? Dizzy cap / rotor look fine. Dizzy is less than 9months old. Bought some spark plugs today, should put them in later. Also, it idles fairly high. I tried adjusting the screw in the TB, and it still idles 1.2k, at the lowest. does the TPS tell the car when it's at idle / when it's not?

So the chip in my P28 must have gotten messed up. I replaced it w/ a stock JDM b16 chip, set the timing, and car runs perfect.

Back