Poormans r in dc2 gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poorman

:huh:so yeah i posted a thread in the model specific field when i think it was meant for here.:confused: Ihave a 98 dc2 gsr with 81.5mm ctr cast pistons and a b16 head. i also have a few bolt ons but i have one cel and its system too lean bank1. small crack in header. o2 is good. what do i need here? please help.

what ecu do you have running this motor? it probably just needs to be tuned by someone that knows what they are doing.

im sure there are shops within a reasonable driving distance of you in NC. are there any import or honda forums for that area? or maybe even go on HT and find your local forum there. that would probably be the best way to get pointed towards the local tuners.

what you are going to need to do is convert to obd1 first of all. you can buy an obd1 ecu already socketed with a basmap chip from several online suppliers. i have had good experience with xenocron, but there are other good ones im sure. also many tuners themselves can chip and socket an ecu for you, so it may pay off to find a tuning shop and ask what they can do. also would be good to ask what types of engine management they like to tune on. different shops may use different things, but you really cant go wrong with an s300. there are cheaper options that work very well though... programs like neptune and ectune can burn chips that you can put into your ecu. so basically how that works is, they tune your car on the dyno with their laptop hooked up to your socketed ecu. then when they are done, they burn a chip of the tune and off you go. of course there is also crome, but its not that great.

but still i go back to my main point... find shops that tune hondas, call them, and ask what they tune with and what your options are. once you get it dyno tuned, it will be faster, more fuel efficient, and in much less danger of an early death.

You're better off going to RLZ, TDC, or Blueridge(BRMS). Only problem is they're all on the western side of NC. There was someone else close to Raleigh, but I forgot his name.

I love it when people actually take advice. Good luck with your poorman's type r dude.

Back