1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pork chops anyone?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by jeffie7, Aug 19, 2007.

1. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Pork Chops - Hands on Kitchen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Black Widow g2

Black Widow g2 *princess*

Mmmm... I made some Ma Po Tofu today... I should post up what I did. I don't use recipes much, but I should share.

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Pink pork = brain parasite = horrible death.

/shudder

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Well, when I make my pork chops, I've decided that only a grille will do. I cook them to the point where if you look hard, you'll see pink in the center.

And everyone goes on and on about prions and shit, but no one has gotten sick. Also, Fondue places (Fondue being very expensive) give you pork to make in the soup broths. Pork isn't as fussy as a lot of people think.

Jeffie's pork is too pink for me, but I see where he is going with it.

5. jeffie7

jeffie7 Wrong Whole! VIP

Pork back in the day had many problems with it and had to be cooked well.
    However, now a days it's not a problem. This has a lot to do with pigs of the past just running around getting into anything and everything, now they're kept much cleaner and fed a strict diet. That's why pork 50+ years ago was super fatty, and now pork thanks to their strict diets and cross breeding it's a very lean (VS before) meat.

Watch professions cook it. See if they cook it through.

In fact this is straight from foodnetwork.com

It's one of those things, like chicken, people often wonder why their chicken doesn't taste anywhere near as good as restaurant made chicken or why it's not juicy, it's because they cook the F outta it! Same goes for sauces, why is my sauce not so rich and creamy? well did you use 2% milk or heavy cream?

People will continue to ask those questions, figure out the answers and still do the same mistakes over and over again and again ask the same questions.

BTW Parasites in pork are killed at I believe 137o (or so alton brown says) so again. whats the problem here?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted