pork chops anyone?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Pork Chops - Hands on Kitchen

2 thick center cut pork chops with bone in center cut=more tender bone in = more flavor.
1/4 cup pickling salt, or kosher salt.
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup juice of choice, I used cranberry apple.
1 cup ice
1 cup water
1 tsp whole black peppers
1 tsp dried thyme or a few sprigs of fresh.
olive oil
salt and pepper

1082d1187539031-pork-chops-dsc03556.jpg

1085d1187539031-pork-chops-dsc03560.jpg

Well, when I make my pork chops, I've decided that only a grille will do. I cook them to the point where if you look hard, you'll see pink in the center.

And everyone goes on and on about prions and shit, but no one has gotten sick. Also, Fondue places (Fondue being very expensive) give you pork to make in the soup broths. Pork isn't as fussy as a lot of people think.

Jeffie's pork is too pink for me, but I see where he is going with it.

Pork back in the day had many problems with it and had to be cooked well.
However, now a days it's not a problem. This has a lot to do with pigs of the past just running around getting into anything and everything, now they're kept much cleaner and fed a strict diet. That's why pork 50+ years ago was super fatty, and now pork thanks to their strict diets and cross breeding it's a very lean (VS before) meat.

Watch professions cook it. See if they cook it through.

In fact this is straight from foodnetwork.com

A Few Notes on Pork SafetyYou may be a little confused at this point about how long to cook pork. In the past, we were warned to cook it to well done (that is, 170 F) in order to take care of any trichinae parasites, which are killed at 137 F.
These days, however, modern advances in pork production have all but eliminated trichinosis in this country. In fact, the few cases reported here in recent years have been traced to either wild game (bears, especially) or privately raised pigs. You no longer need to overcook pork in order to feel good about eating it.
That said, pork shoulder has enough fat and connective tissue that you can still cook it well done, and it will still be delicious. Other cuts taste best cooked medium-rare, or a bit past that — 145 to 150 F — so that the pork is still a little pink in the interior.
We also recommend that you get yourself an instant-read thermometer, which allows you to gauge the internal temperature of the pork as it cooks. (Judging doneness by look and feel is a good thing too, but using a thermometer will help train your hands and eyes.) Remember that the internal temperature will rise five to 10 degrees after you take the pork off the heat. So, for perfectly cooked pork, cook it until it's still a bit underdone and then let it rest 10 to 15 minutes before eating.
**The following table shows Food Network Kitchen's preferred internal temperatures for beef and pork. These temperatures are based on taste and texture. Please note that out of a concern for safety, the USDA recommends higher temperatures than we do. We have included the USDA recommendations; you'll have to make your own decisions. Our rule of thumb is that if we know and trust where our meat comes from, we're okay sticking a fork in it before the USDA says it's done.

It's one of those things, like chicken, people often wonder why their chicken doesn't taste anywhere near as good as restaurant made chicken or why it's not juicy, it's because they cook the F outta it! Same goes for sauces, why is my sauce not so rich and creamy? well did you use 2% milk or heavy cream?

People will continue to ask those questions, figure out the answers and still do the same mistakes over and over again and again ask the same questions.

BTW Parasites in pork are killed at I believe 137o (or so alton brown says) so again. whats the problem here?

Back