Port and polish head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostedf22

dis is why im not
What benifits would be seen if the cly head is ported and polished on a boosted motor. Is it worth the time and money on a Sohc.

port and polished

i believe that you get the most gain in performance from a port and polished head when it is on a carbureted engine. I don't know why but thats just how it is.

Sorry if I did not clarify . I have a F22b1 vtec motor. Not a d-series.

So by being fuel injected a port and polish doesnt increase performance.

Would It benefit swapping to a H23 head. I know its a stright bolt on , But who knows about the h22 vtec head swap. I have read many threads stating that its a straight bolt on and others stating that the block needs to see the machine shop. So Not fully knowing what would work , I was just planning on beefiing the head I have up . Only if it was worth it.

Nah dont know who he is but since you bring it to m attention , I ll do some research.

The only reason I ask for different opinions is that the f-series are new to me and I would hate to spend the kind of money it takes to get the work done. All for nothing , When I could have spent less for something better as a head swap.

Head swap seems better than port and polish ??

Back