port and polished or not?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Taco15

I wear stretchy pants
i'm upgrading my valvetrain to skunk2 stage2 cams. retainers,springs and valves. my tuner,eddie advised me to go ahead and do a port and polish first. That way everything is right the first time.

NOW the question. How can i tell the car hasnt already hadd the port and polish? the reason i ask is because the car was origionally being built for the track.Last time the valve cover got taken off i was told it was completely stock. But again my car makes such good power that Eddie believes that there has got to be something in the head. Is there a way i can find out without tearing DEEP into the motor?

thanks for reading guys

thats a start. Eddie says he can find out but hes tied up with his project car and school. Im ready to start spending some dough here.

and i dont want to order shit a dont need.

Originally posted by drpenguin@Sep 7 2005, 05:22 PM
this eddie guy doesnt live in oregon does he?
[post=550903]Quoted post[/post]​

no he's a here in Tallahassee. he drives a Delorian and is a pretty good tuner and honda junkie

vwey interesting. thanks for the info and i love the write up.

Quoted post[/post]]
Originally posted by MikeBergy@Sep 7 2005, 03:46 PM
you can also tell by the surface finish of the ports. just pull the manifolds off. You will be able tto tell immediately if the casting marks and finish are still there.

my topic re: my diy pnp. you can tell a difference
<div align="right">[post=550819]Quoted post[/post]</div>

Did you ever finish this pnp? If so, did you do a whole write up? I would love to read this! :worthy:

Yes, I finished the pnp, no I didn't do a whole write up, because I was borrowing a digital camera at the time, but my friend wanted it back, so the pictorials ended there I believe. I might have a few extra pics lying around, but most of the pics that come after those are of my build I just recently completed. The engine is waiting for a cherry picker to go back in the car, probably monday or tuesday. But the pnp was a complete success, and it is complemented by a bangin multiangle valve job courtesy of Rocket Motorsport, who gave me a hell of a deal.

that port polish kit that massasy was talking about is what my friend used on my head...he said it worked good but it would only work once becuase the one smoothing bit was done after he had finished lol...he used a hand drill he didn't use a dremel..it was way to easy.

i have time to look now. My motor is coming apart thanks to the fuckin rods going out. but have no fear,an entire Eagle forged bottom end is on the way!

I looked at a ported typeR motor being built next to mine and am going to compare today. I have already looked once but it had carbon build up and couldn't really see.

Back