Port My Head?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TurtlePowerCivic

When I find the D16y8 head should I get it p&p'd? How about the Intake manifold? How much does it cost to get this p&p'd? Any info would be great. Thanks

go for it.

i've heard anywhere from free -- 1000 dollars depending on who ports your head. the machine shops around here want around 500 to port the head and do a 3/5 valve job

ok here goes porting and polishing is a great performance upgrade if you dont mind a mild drop in gas milage. fro the sohc ctec my shop offers a complete head package.
port/ polish, valves, pro series valve springs, titanium retainers, 3/5 angle valve job,new valve guides, new valve stem seals, hot tank head, mill (to your spec) , ported intake manifold, ported throttle body, cam gear (skunk2), stage2 camshaft ( JG or exospeed).and reprogrammed e.c.u (programmed to match head package)the price is 1300.00-1500.00 depending on a couple of options. just an example for you
customers car. 1991 crx si baseline dyno 104hp dyno after head package 125hp.
we also offer just the pro series head at 1050.00

dam i wish i could find deals like that in my area that sounds hella nice pretty marinal change in HP too good stuff-peace

i'm getting a 3 angle valve job, a mild port n polish, and the head milled, springs and Ti retainers installed for $450. dohc vtec.

Back