port n polish

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

need2bfaster

im sure some one can help me and tell me where i might b able to send my intake manifold and head to get port an polished and i also need to know what kinda cam shaft is recomended for an f22a1 as for that being said this is my first import build also so i dont know internals that well so im not sure on alot of any thing when i start going under the valve cover any help will be appreciated

Do you have any local performance shops in your area? I'd take it to one of them and see if they can do the port n' polish for you. If they don't have an in-house machine shop they can probably at least recommend a machinist for you.

As for the cam, it kind of depends on what you want to do with your engine build. If you plan to turbo in the future, then you'll want a turbo cam. If you're not planning on boosting, then you'll want a cam designed for N/A applications. Crower makes some decent cams that aren't horribly expensive, and I believe they do have cams available for F22 motors.

Also, something else to consider. If you're going to be taking the head apart anyway, then I'd consider upgrading the valve springs and retainers while you're at it. That way you'll be able to take your motor past the stock redline. Depending on the cam you go with, your motor may be able to make power at higher revs then before, so an upgraded valve train may come in handy.

there are some but not that i would go too the one messed my friends car all up and the other place im not to sure of they dont seem to know alot either ex.. i called on an h22 swap and told them the ride it would be in and they went on about making custom brackets and what not and from what was stated in one other thread i had posted there direct bolt up so if they dont know about a swap im not to sure i want them to do any thing with a motor as for the cam ill probably go n/a i cant afford boost now and i cant see it in the near future either i lthink i could have fun with an all motor build for now

Back