Port Pickup

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
92b16vx has a chance to get a decent deal on a gsr swap while he is over in Germany. The big thing is, how do you ship the engine to the US and even more importantly, arrange a courier (sp?) to pick the swap up once it reaches a port. Anyone got any info on this? Also, what about price. How much does the 2 legs of the junery cost?

for some reason the page wont load. It goes to there homepage but once I click on a coutry, my whole computer freezes and I have to shut down.

Containers for cars can be as little as $600, but that is a car. I can call this week and see about a motor or two. Then comes clearing customs, I can get receipts and all the papers that the motor should have, but I don't know diddly about the EPA's take on it, as far as the motor being clean inside and out or what not. A friend here has been trying to get a 626 motor for his probe for about eight months now, and it keeps getting kicked back because it is too "dirty", but that is coming to Germany, not leaving.

maybe I can talk to Eric at hybridrevolution about the EPA stuff and if there is even any regulations on that.

give it to bax for the whole trip. they weill clear it for customs.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 23 2003, 12:17 AM
give it to bax for the whole trip. they weill clear it for customs.

So they will do door to door shipping, germany to Livonia Michigan. That sounds good.

also to get an acurate price quote, what do you think the weight and also the size of the engine. I said 400lbs 36"x36"x48"

4 feet? i think that might be a little big. basically, what ever size pallet you can fit it on....

my motor cost 445 to ship from cali to me to my door. if you have it to a business, its cheaper.
of course, they never collected payment, so it was free :)

:lol:

just tell them its getting sent pre-paid (for shipping costs)
then change your mind, and have the guy scribble it out, and check the cod box.

then when it gets therer, ask the guy if you owe him anything
he looks at paper work... see's that it was filled out for being paid up front... doesn't see cod box :)
says have a nivce day :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 23 2003, 12:52 AM
:lol:

just tell them its getting sent pre-paid (for shipping costs)
then change your mind, and have the guy scribble it out, and check the cod box.

then when it gets therer, ask the guy if you owe him anything
he looks at paper work... see's that it was filled out for being paid up front... doesn't see cod box :)
says have a nivce day :)

I will have to try that. Hopefully the person on call that day has as neat as handwritting as me. If that is the case, they will owe ME money. :lol:

sorry bro i was getting some ass when you IMed me.. kinda got a obligation there lol i can hook you up with my shiping company and my customs broker you can have it to your door super cheap but there is some b/s to deal with drop me an IM and i'll talk you through it ... too much to talk about here

Back