Portal 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
My friend got it today... I had never played it before... my brain hurts. Really tough to grasp whats going on at first, then you get used to the mechanics, and you forget everything that ever existed. Like seriously, I don't remember what happened for the last 3 hours, other than nonsense babbling and intense concentration. Really depends on player communication. Some of the levels are pretty damn tough. Toward the end I realized I was just doing things I didn't understand. I just knew how to do them... weird as hell.

Anyone else play it?

i havent picked it up yet but i want to. portal 1 was awesome and i expect nothing less of this one. portal 1 was pretty basic in comparison though. you just had the portals, cubes, and energy balls to deal with. now you have the spring platforms, slippery goo stuff, tractor beams, and lasers.

finished single player thursday afternoon and it was really good. very happy with their choice on additional voice actors.

dont have anyone to play coop with until monday so cant really say what that's like but the reviews on it make it sound awesome.

Can't wait for this to hit the used market at $24.99

Hury up guys, trade your Portal 2 games in!

isnt 1 like 10 bucks on steam?

i got mine for free when they released it for the mac :ph34r:

My friend said you get a free PC version when you buy it for PS3. And you can play online co-op with someone between systems. (IE if someone is on a PC they can play with someone on a PS3) I really don't think that it'd be as fun on the computer. We made it to the 5th stage in co-op last night. Some of the levels were really tough, others I think we made them harder than they were. Like I said before, after a while I stopped thinking about it, and just started doing it, which is scary.

Ill probably wait for a price drop to pick it up. I finished Portal 1 a few weeks ago on the PC. Great game

yeah the pc free w/ ps3 purchase is the reason i haven't started co-op yet. the only friend i have that bought the game bought it from amazon using super duper uber slow shipping and isn't getting his ps3 copy till monday.

my only dig on the game is super fast timing isn't a part of the game anymore. there's no encouragement for speed runs since everything is setup so that if you have to make another portal really fast then you've used the wrong strategy. portal 2 is just a bit too easy in single player.

I really can't imagine not playing with full communication with the person. I think if you don't have a headset, you should probably look into it. They give you indicators, but it's not that helpful.

yeah the pc free w/ ps3 purchase is the reason i haven't started co-op yet. the only friend i have that bought the game bought it from amazon using super duper uber slow shipping and isn't getting his ps3 copy till monday.

Is PSN still down? I know it was down all weekend but I haven't checked yet today...

haven't check lately but the news is still saying the network is down
good thing i just used my CC to buy first strike about a week before the PSN was hacked and crippled

go go gadget identity theft

i assume this is the game that the "flash" portal game is based on?
that was an entertaining game, good for playing at work.

The flash game was based on the actual game. It was released on PC and in the Orange Box Half-Life package a few years back...

haven't check lately but the news is still saying the network is down
good thing i just used my CC to buy first strike about a week before the PSN was hacked and crippled

go go gadget identity theft

that just makes me sad.

glory-portals-think-about-it-pzy-funny-pictures-1286332930.jpg

haha, cant do that in the game though cause of the size of the portals ;)

Just picked this up today but haven't had a chance to play it yet. If anybody's thinking about buying this, it's on sale for $39.99 everywhere right now...

my buddy bought it for PS3 because you get the free PC copy with it.

as i expected he said its retarded on console because you dont have the same precision as PC, a lot harder to get the portal in the right place when you have to do it quickly.

Meh, I managed the first one on the 360 alright. I think it just depends on what you're used to. You can be pretty precise with a console controller with frequent use...

So WTF is this game, never heard of the first one/never palyed it. The trailer for part deuce is the only reason I have even thought about getting it but I still dont get it. Someone please explain the premise of this bad Jody to me.

Back