Portal 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

portal 1: you play a test subject at Aperture Science. your objective is to navigate through mazes with the portal gun. the gun can shoot portals onto certain surfaces so that you can walk through to otherwise inaccessible places, the mazes are designed so you have to use the portals, and use them in unique ways. the physics of the portals are pretty cool. the story is really good and even pretty funny at times. but the first game is pretty short. you end up fighting the corrupt computer which controls the whole complex.

portal 2 expands on the first giving you more things to play with, like tractor beams, lasers, etc. but you still only have a portal gun in your hands. portal 2 also has a two player co-op with much more complex levels that need 2 people to navigate.

So I started playing last night, and it's awesome so far. The graphics are some of the best I've seen yet on a console. I played for about an hour last night and got to the part where you wake up Glados and get dropped in to the furnace. This is one of the few games that my girlfriend actually enjoys watching me play because of the puzzles and the humor. :thumbsup:

bought it. beat it in about 8hrs of play. story is good, lots of background. ending is good. levels are pretty easy IMO. i got tripped up in a few spots, but not too bad. i was hoping there would be some pretty complicated portal jumps, but there isnt really. hoping the co-op has some more complicated levels.

check this shit out BTW. this guy did this level in 14 seconds. this is the level that you get an achievement for completing in under 70 seconds, test chamber 10. i had to haul ass with no mistakes doing it the "long" way to get this. i tried it doing his way and it was near impossible.

YouTube - Portal 2 | Test chamber 10 in 14seconds

i could do most of it if i was careful, the only thing i cant seem to get is the jump across the ledge after getting the cube. no idea how he made that leap. every time i tried i just fall back down. the next impossible bit is obviously the jump/launch to the end. have to catch the cube mid air (can be done) and it has to be timed perfectly so that the platform hits you just slightly on the way up to hit up higher and onto the ledge where the exit is. i just couldnt get the timing down. if you play that level and then watch that vid its just mind blowing lol.

tumblr_lkj6c6zA9W1qcmw9go1_500.jpg

Back