Portflow Head, 9:1 84mm Bore, Turbo, Pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does that sound right for a GSR engine?

I think all they did was portflow the head, 9:1 84mm bore, New Pistons, Turbo @ 16 PSI

Is that realistic? Is it safe? Is it cheap?

If I put a GSR engine in my 94 Civic EX Vtec 5speed, what all has to be done to the motor and car to get 16PSI safely?

Depends the turbo and no.. I believe that GSR has new sleeves (1100-1200 ALONE w/Labor).. Making that power on just those mods, would take a hella huge turbo (also means more lag).

So, imo, no its not realistic unless they did other shit they aren't talking about.

Hmmm...
When you said "lag" it got me thinking, and now I decided I dont give a FUCK about HP anymore.
The only thing I am interested in now is time.... I want my full interior, full AC Civic to get anywhere from low 13's to low or mid 15's and I have 8000 to do it... How can I?

Now Im double posting so we should continue this someplace else, or pick 1 to go in.

port flow is a test to determine the flow values of a head
it if the said port honed or P&P then ok

fuck lag.

go to the FI forum, and read the thread called "Putting an end to lag forever"

a turbo b16 at 2000 rpms has almost twice the power of one that is NA. so go LAG this.

is it cheap? not if its reliable.

fast cheap reliable, choose 2.

is it obtainable? very. i'm shooting for 400 whp @ 10psi.

Originally posted by hcivic.com@Mar 21 2003, 01:52 AM
port flow is a test to determine the flow values of a head
it if the said port honed or P&P then ok

portflow is a company in harbor city, ca... so NO its not just a test, portflow does port n polishing B)

to say 16 psi is vague, it all depends on what turbo. 16 psi on a small turbo could be 75HP , while 16 PSI on a large turbo could be 1,000hp

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 21 2003, 09:46 AM
a turbo b16 at 2000 rpms has almost twice the power of one that is NA. so go LAG this.

damn, that must be one quick spooling turbo!!

Originally posted by 94Civintegra@Mar 21 2003, 12:29 AM
Does that sound right for a GSR engine?

I think all they did was portflow the head, 9:1 84mm bore, New Pistons, Turbo @ 16 PSI

Is that realistic? Is it safe? Is it cheap?

If I put a GSR engine in my 94 Civic EX Vtec 5speed, what all has to be done to the motor and car to get 16PSI safely?

Just get yo self a turbo and one of those LED exhaust tips yO. Then you can boost 16psi. :lol: j/k

Back