1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porting And Polishing My Head

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by daveLafleur, Jun 18, 2003.

1. daveLafleur

daveLafleur Member

has anyone ported and polished their head??? I have looked into it when i had my old dodge truck and it didn't seem that hard. and how about going back with oversized valves??? i know how to lap valves and basically how to port and polish. Is it worth the hassle??

2. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

I havent had it done to my honda but I'm sure its worth it,had it done on my 71Dart.....big difference in breathing.........now I'm going to get that head extrude honed,something I learned about from the honda stuff

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Anyone can port a head, but majority of you out there shouldn't be doing it. It isn't just something to port our the largest you can. Top places like DPR, Tom at portflow, Alaniz charge a good amount but you know your going to get something topnotch and professionally done. Porting consists of a little bit of mechanic and artwork.

Milan

4. deth101

deth101 Senior Member

as I said I had mine done and milan is right as nice as it came back all the dremel skills in the world probably arent enough w/out some fairly vast knowledge of airflow and its tricks...........have it done by a pro who has done honda's before IMO.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted