Porting And Polishing My Head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

has anyone ported and polished their head??? I have looked into it when i had my old dodge truck and it didn't seem that hard. and how about going back with oversized valves??? i know how to lap valves and basically how to port and polish. Is it worth the hassle??

I havent had it done to my honda but I'm sure its worth it,had it done on my 71Dart.....big difference in breathing.........now I'm going to get that head extrude honed,something I learned about from the honda stuff

Anyone can port a head, but majority of you out there shouldn't be doing it. It isn't just something to port our the largest you can. Top places like DPR, Tom at portflow, Alaniz charge a good amount but you know your going to get something topnotch and professionally done. Porting consists of a little bit of mechanic and artwork.

Milan

as I said I had mine done and milan is right as nice as it came back all the dremel skills in the world probably arent enough w/out some fairly vast knowledge of airflow and its tricks...........have it done by a pro who has done honda's before IMO.

Back