porting the head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oh i will. i cant wait to see the job they do. im sure pictures ive seen online dont do justice to seeing it first hand :)

Yeah dude I sent my head to portflow and the thing was a work of art. You will definately be happy. I got valvesprings, retainers, bronze valve guides.
gallery_25772_13_1094757407.jpg

gallery_25772_13_1094757383.jpg

boxed it up and sent it to portflow today :) turn around will be about 2 weeks he said. i cant wait.

i did everything he said to package it. these are the packaging instructions the guy at portflow gave me in case anyone cares, i should have take pics of it, but i was in a rush to get it done and out the door before the ups store closed.

remove all sensors, cam caps, vtec solenoid, water neck, etc
put head in a trashbag (i double bagged it cause i have shitty bags)
cover head with cardboard al all 6 sides
pack in the box very tight. he recommends using lots of news paper, but i used bubble wrap, like 3 rolls of it, lol. the idea is so the head doesnt move around inside the box.
then i taped everything up with like a whole roll of tape.

costs like 50 bucks to ship via ups ground

one importand thing, NEVER use packing peanuts. the guy from portflow told me this and i agree, when i got the head from B (who got it from wil) there was peanuts all inside the head and was tedious getting them all out.

but all in all i had a good day, my rods are at the machine shop getting arp rod bolts installed, and the rods resized :)

i cant wait to make some real headway on this build.

congrats man. My head get worked on this weekend, so does my block (boring.02 over). New eagle bottome end comes in today at any time. I know how you feel. anyway good luck! and post up pics!

a bit of good news, and a bit of bad news.

got the rods back from the machine shop. they pressed in the new rod bolts, but they couldnt resize the rods :cry: they didnt have a mandrel small enough, now i gotta take them to another shop to get resized.

because when you press in new rod bolts, 9 times out of 10, it distorts the big end rod bore. they then, take off some material of the cap mounting surface, and bore it back to the original size so everything is perfectly round again.

they dont overbore. they take some material off the end cap, making it smaller, then they bore it back to the original size. bearing size will remain unchanged

97CTR, that head looks hot.

Post pics when you get your head back Ian!

And Ian,
You should go with those Skunk2 Pro 1 cams. I'm thinking about picking up a set in the near future for myself :)

Quoted post[/post]]
one importand thing, NEVER use packing peanuts. the guy from portflow told me this and i agree, when i got the head from B (who got it from wil) there was peanuts all inside the head and was tedious getting them all out.

yep-- thats wills packing job. lol i just reused his shit

im now 950 bucks poorer (is that a word?)

but yea im stoked. dude from portflow said hes just taking it off the resurface machine now and hes just got to assemble it, and will ship it out tomorrow. he even threw in a t-shirt, lol. gonna send me the tracking number through email :)

Quoted post[/post]]
im now 950 bucks poorer (is that a word?)

but yea im stoked. dude from portflow said hes just taking it off the resurface machine now and hes just got to assemble it, and will ship it out tomorrow. he even threw in a t-shirt, lol. gonna send me the tracking number through email :)
got mine back also. it only cost me 300 smackers :p

Back