pos tranny ??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

got my b16 tranny running today, leaky cam seals.. tranny goes into all gears but just grinds in 2,3, and 5th.. im bout to give up on this pos... its a y1 tranny with lsd is it fried or what? and whats my options for fixing it?

yes. it goes into all 6 gears when running to, it just grinds when its in. i think im going to end up buying a whole new engine/tranny, i can use my lsd for the new tranny and have a spare engine.

So, it grinds while in gear, or grinds when you put it in gear?

put it in gear, let out the clutch and grinds.. does not move just kkkkkkkkkgkkggkgkgk a hell of a noise... along with the fact that the damn thing idles at 2.5k rpm and cant figure that out either, the cables set right and vac hoses are right to. i need to find a cliff to push it off of

Sure hope you got a warranty on the engine/transmission when you bought it. It could be either.

Sounds like quite a bit is broken in there, either that or the conversion kit isn't working properly.

My money would be on the engine and transmission being toasted.

how could the engine be fried? it runs fine except it idles really high... and its mine i traded my quad for it. its got leaky cam seals, could that cause an air leak making it idle high? and when i say leaky i mean one has a hole in it i think it just rotted from setting.. the engine is a 90 so its 20yrs old

You should not worried about a high-idle, that can be fixed, just search for it.

Bleed the hydro to cable conversion kit. Just do it.

Back