Positive Battery Cable on B-Series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lswhitecivic

VIP
Alright, this morning I went out to start my car and it wouldn't start. I've had this happen in the past and usually its just some corrosion on the postive terminal.

So I pop the hood and look under the rubber cover and sure enough there's a bunch of corrosion. So I take the cable off the terminal and clean it all up nice and go to put it back on. As I'm tightening the nut, the freaking end piece with the bolt through it tears apart from the rest of the clip. So at this point I start yelling random words and am really pissed off.

Now to the question, is it possible to just replace the metal clamp? If they sell them at Checker I should be able just to cut the broken one off and clamp on a new one, right? That is only going to happen if I have enough slack in the cable to put on a new one and still have it long enough.

If that won't work...I've never taken apart the wiring loom to see how the wires are underneath. Does the positive battery cable branch off to a bunch of smaller wires or does it just go to one place? I really really don't want to have replace the whole freaking harness the fix the problem.

Thanks for any help.

Cool, I didn't have time to really look at anything cause I was running way late for work at that point.

Nope different car....were gonna swap out the alternator on the CRX and see if thats the culprit.

Also I don't know if the set screw thing is aftermarket or what but the terminal clamp on my civic was crimped onto the wires. I was able to break off the part that goes over the battery and still leave the crimped end on the wires. Then I was able to stick the whole crimped end on the new clamp and tighten it down....kinda jerry-rigged but it works.

Back