possible new car for me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

trappd-in-859

I recently discovered an 87 supra in my area and really would like to aquire it. now it is an na and auto, both of witch i really dont mind seeing that it is a supra. its got fresh paint clean interior and 150k miles. I know about the head gasket problem these cars have but is there anything else i should be worried about? thanks in advance for all replies. Oh yea he only want 2.5k for it.

2500 = to much. That car's gonna be a dog with an automatic.

Heavy sumbitch. 3500 lbs or somewhere in there.

Pass it up. Supras are shitty in the turns, so the main thing you'll want from it will be power. NA and Auto are not what you want if you want to go fast in a straight line (which is about the only thing the supra is good for). Go find a turbo manual and you'll have a decent start on a nice drag car.

Im not really lookin to make this a power monster or anything like that. Im just lookin for something reliable and decent looking until i get enough money to buy the car i want. This will just be something i will own only for a couple years. And 2500 does seem like alot for an 87 supra but down here in the state of imbred hillbillies(kentucky) that is,imo,a fair price for this car. If you saw it you might have a better understanding of why he wants the price he wants. If/when i get it I will try and post pics.

And no there are no hondas/acuras around here worth looking at because they are either, A-out of my price range or B-not worth the time/money to even mess with. Im not what you would call mechanically inclined so buying a beater and fixin it up is out of the question also.

I've seen so many cheap RX-7s and Supras in southern states on ebay. You arnt looking hard enough if you think that thing is a good deal.

it's funny, because you say you just want something reliable for a few years, but in the same paragraph admit to knowing of a head gasket problem that the car is prone to. hmmm buy something else, something that is actually reliable.

All you heathens and Hooligans:

Never buy a japanese car with an automatic. The Japs can't build an auto - Plain and simple.

Supras can't corner ? Ok... Sure.

3500 pounds is about right. But it's a GT car, what do you expect ?

That said, 1987 is the most common year EVER for a Supra. N/As are the most common out of that. Screw that price - You're looking at 800 bucks of Toyota. I had an 87, and it was ok - but the car's generation was still on the launch pad. Get an 88-90 you're much better off.

3 words on the 3rd gen Supra: Blown Head Gasket.

-> Steve

Back