Possible new Corvette today----

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

corvetteguy78

VIP
......for my Dad...

My dad wants to buy another sports car. We are going today to look at a 1969 Corvette Convertible. We'll see..he seems pretty excited , though i tried to talk him out of it....he's dead set....He also likes te 350/370z convertible...i tried to talk him out of that car, he's more of a corvette guy anyway since he has had 3 of them...

1969 Corvette Conv

not a fan of the pale yellow, but thats a bad ass car
good for your pops, let him enjoy life :)

yeah he already called a paint shop about changing the color and they quoted him around $2800 bucks. I personally like yellow, but not this particular one, needs to be like the new Corvette yellow.

if you're dropping that much change on a car you might as well just get one the right color lol
unless this is a deal? i dont know values on vettes

if you're dropping that much change on a car you might as well just get one the right color lol
unless this is a deal? i dont know values on vettes

Well the car needs a paint job. The guy said it looks good from 10ft away but could use a fresh coat. I think my dad would plan on offering him around 17k

Depends on the engine, this one is only the base L46 350CU 300HP, but still the car can go for $30's all day long in good condition regardless if it's all original.

the L88 427 430hp engine option can get upwards near 100k if all original..very limited engine

there are two other 427 options as well that fetch a nice price for the69

Last edited:
Shit an L88 could go for a lot more than that in the right setting. Especially original and a convertible.

With new paint and stance, it would be really nice. I'm wondering if he put big block front springs on or something, on accident.....

Didn't work out...It didn't have the power steering or brakes...overall it was a nice car that needed very little, it also had a Jasper engine built to the 69 350 specs,

Next car....2005 Yellow Corvette Convertible

Yep. Anyone would have trouble driving a car without brakes!

I take it this means he's going better health wise?

Prognosis is still the same, he finished Radiation a few weeks ago. He will have new scans in May to see where the cancer is...if there is more then before the radiation....they MAY try one more round of Chemo....if that doesn't work...then no more treatment.

He feels ok....i think he just wants to live his life.....i don't think buying a sports car is the best thing to do...but its what he wants to do...Just want him to be happy as long as he can

In a sad unrelated note...my brother in laws, brother in law, just died last night from Lou Gherigs(ALS)...what a horrible horrible disease

Back