1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Possible stereo setup in my '92 Accord EX

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by lude9593, May 12, 2005.

1. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

i just recently bought a '92 accord with 210,000 on it from my g/f's brother. it's in good shape and drives awesome for it's age and i was planning to use it to drive back and forth to school. ya know, the daily driver type thing.

so here's what i was planning to do. i checked out the speakers and from what i could tell, there are 6x9's in the rear and 6.5's in the door panels.

Pioneer DEH-P7700MP (27wattsx4)=$206.98 shipped from etronics
    3-way Pioneer TS-A6971R (6x9)=$65.44 shipped from etronics
    3-way Pioneer TS-A1671R (6.5")=$59.34 shipped from etronics

Total of $331.76 (from crutchfield, this would have cost me around $600!)

I think this would be a pretty nice setup since i'll be driving this car so much. does anyone have any experience with these speakers or headunit? any other suggestions?

also, i might put my 10" jl audio sub in the trunk to round it off. i also have a sony 10 disc cd changer i put in it while my g/f was driving it. should be a nicely rounded setup. anyone else think so or have any other ideas? :D

2. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

not bad for the price
    going all pioneer?

3. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

yeah, i liked the way the headunit looked and it was the most powerful i saw out of the crutchfield magazine with 27 watts per channel. it also plays mp3s, wmas, etc.

i considered some alpine type-r speakers but they were only 2way's and i kinda wanted some 3ways b/c i'm not sure it i want to put my sub in the back. plus the pioneers are cheaper and i think they will be satisfactory especially being pushed with so much power.

did you have anything else in mind?

4. ripperbone

ripperbone angry bear

I do like that deck.
    most of the decks I have had have been pioneer, so I am partial to pioneer decks, I never had problems with them.
    I would do the pioneer deck

5. VTECin5th

VTECin5th Administrator

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted