Possible stupid question.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2 things that it could be, one being a theory being that there is a very small tear in either the seal or something like that, and under 30psi, the elastic pressure of the rubber won't let air out, but over that pressure, the elastic pressure cant hold it. Other thing that it could be, is just the needle in the tire went bad. I had one go bad on a snow tire of mine. It would every once in a while not close all the way, and it would just piss out air. I would just keep hitting it with the air chuck until it stopped hissing.

Either way, you need a new valve stem

Greetings.

I can't seem to air up my rear driver's side tire. I've tried a few different nozzles and they all do the same thing. I put the nozzle on the valve stem and it won't make a seal, air just shoots out of the tire no matter which way I push the nozzle. The tire literally won't take more than 30psi.. Anyone know what the problem might be?

edit:
The reason why I'm asking is so I can walk into the tire shop with an idea of what the problem is instead of giving them this description.
is this a joke?
it is just a valve stem for gods sake.
put air in the tire, and pinpoint where it is coming back out. if it is coming out of the center of the hole it is the "valve stem core" that is bad.
sf0597a.gif

if it is leaking around the base, it is the whole stem.

Back