Possible swaps in 91 dx HB for around 1500

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bri94lst

ok guys im getting a 91 dx hb..only problem is the motor is toast....so heres my problem. I have 1500 to spend for a motor for this. What are some possible swaps i can do (ill be doing this myself). Would i need new motor mounts/shift linkage for a d16y8? D16z6?? I also heard the ZC is a direct drop in and bolts up to the d series tranny?? Sorry guys im new to D series

The D's work on the same principal as the B's. Anything D series will bolt onto any other D out there. And as far as I know hte ZC is a higher performance D16 I believe. The ZC comes in two variants a SOHC and a DOHC. D16A6 is an 86-89 Integra motor it fits in your car. The main thing to think about is DPFI... you must first swap from DPFI to MPFI. Just a thought hope I helped. Oh wait there are circumstances where you can put a VTEC d series head on a non-VTEC d series block, not sure whatis involved. Happy motoring

Originally posted by Vtec Andy.....@Nov 28 2003, 03:01 PM
ls motor from teg, around 1500 for it

Are you including the price for Mounts and linkages?

I say drop a D16z6 in that what i have and with the extra cash you can add an aftermarket cam like a zex 59300 or crower stage2 with some basic bolt ons....dont need new mounts either. but you have a dx so your gonna have to do dx to si wiring.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 28 2003, 01:04 PM
D16A6 is an 86-89 Integra motor it fits in your car.

Stick to the tegs 1991intergabuild. :newbie:

This will not work. Well it could fit and work if you piss some money into an old engine with not a lot of hp. It will not bolt right in, the 86-87 use a vaccum advance dizzy, and you will have to monkey around with mounts to get it to bolt in. It is NOT identical to the zc, close but not the same.
I would go with the zc for ease of installation. No mount kit needed. It will bolt right in and right to your current tranny. If you have a 4 spd replace it with a crx si or a civic sedan dx or lx 5spd tranny. The dpfi conversion is easy. It sounds harder than it is.
A z6 swap is also pretty good. I did it, but I don't think its worth the extra work of getting it wired properly. It is easy to find in junkyards or from private sale. Its all bolt up except you need to take the drivers side L bracket off of the mount. It will bolt up to your tranny. You keep the same shift linkages.

i have a friend that is selling his complete b18a1 for 800 that is with ECU, tranny, and axles..you just need to get the mounts and linkage

Originally posted by Jeef+Nov 28 2003, 10:46 PM-->
199IntegraBuildUpH22A3
@Nov 28 2003, 01:04 PM
D16A6 is an 86-89 Integra motor it fits in your car.

Stick to the tegs 1991intergabuild. :newbie:

This will not work. Well it could fit and work if you piss some money into an old engine with not a lot of hp. It will not bolt right in, the 86-87 use a vaccum advance dizzy, and you will have to monkey around with mounts to get it to bolt in. It is NOT identical to the zc, close but not the same.
I would go with the zc for ease of installation. No mount kit needed. It will bolt right in and right to your current tranny. If you have a 4 spd replace it with a crx si or a civic sedan dx or lx 5spd tranny. The dpfi conversion is easy. It sounds harder than it is.
A z6 swap is also pretty good. I did it, but I don't think its worth the extra work of getting it wired properly. It is easy to find in junkyards or from private sale. Its all bolt up except you need to take the drivers side L bracket off of the mount. It will bolt up to your tranny. You keep the same shift linkages.

Hey man, I was going on the basis of D's interchange with D's. calm down, and I do plan on sticking with Integra's...dont call them Teg's we dont go around calling Civic's, Civ's or Accords, Acc's.

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 29 2003, 02:01 PM

Hey man, I was going on the basis of D's interchange with D's. calm down, and I do plan on sticking with Integra's...dont call them Teg's we dont go around calling Civic's, Civ's or Accords, Acc's.

Calm down. Everyone calls them tegs, where the fuck have you been. Let me guess you are going to want a mod to close this thread like every other thread you participate in.

The d15b would be a good stock replacement engine, don't pay more than 200 at the absolute most for it. You could always get the d15b, make it mpfi, put a cam in there, and do a little other work to it. If it was my car I would be looking at getting a zc, z6, or upping your budget a little to get a b16.

Were you talking about the JDM D15B which is just like a vx bottom end and and z6 head.....i still go for the D16z6 you can make it OBD0 then you'll need to do a dpfi to mpfi....I got my D16z6 and crx si tranny for free...you could do the whole swap for well under 1000 and you will run in the mid 15's.

199IntegraBuildUpH22A3****Hey man, I was going on the basis of D's interchange with D's. calm down, and I do plan on sticking with Integra's...dont call them Teg's we dont go around calling Civic's, Civ's or Accords, Acc's. ****

dude, fuckin chill. he is just shorting the names....dont take the shit personal. after all...it is just a fucking name...
dont mean to be a prick but dam dude

Back