possible swaps/rebuilds?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Periculum

Ive looked on the site and the only real info I can get on a swap into an EW is about the ZC swap. My friend is racking his brain because he cannot find a 1st gen ZC without extremely high mileage. He is trying to to get a higher quality/power combo with a higher gas mileage as well. He wants an easy swap or build. I see a few instances of a minime, but i cant tell if there is one for the 87 Crx Si (his car.) The question is, is there a minime based on the 87 Si motor? or a longer tranny that goes with the integra zc? <--if so, wheres a place to get the integra ZC?
This sucks because I know plenty for my car (91 HF) but I feel almost helpless when it comes to his car thats only a generation before mine.

the 86-87 (or 88-89) D16A1 engines that bolt right in are not ZC engines - ZC engines are JDM and the "browntop" DOHC ZC from the 84-87 JDM CRX/Civic Si also bolts right in - it is very similar to the D16A1, but has higher compression ratio with domed pistons and different cams and was rated by Honda at 133hp - these engines are available from some importers (getting hard to find) and have considerably less mileage than the USDM D16A1s - the 86-87 USDM D16A1 is rated at 113hp - there was only one transmission available for these engines and it is geared pretty short - nothing from the later D-series engines will fit on the 85-87 Si engines - a B-series can be swapped into them, but it gets quite expensive

Back