Possible to get female vtec wires seperate?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostpyro90

Im embarking on a gsr swap soon and im starting to gather my parts now. Im just buying the gsr long block for now (which doesnt include the ecu or the gsr harness). Anyway, im getting the obd1 jumper harness and vtec subharness. But id hate to buy an entire gsr harness just to chop it up for the female vtec plugs to wire to the vtec subharness. Is there someonewhere i can get these seperate? Is this something Rywire provides as an option for the vtec harness?

You can use other plugs like one from the IACV or the air temp sensor, or the purge valve... The one for the single wire on the vtec you will need from a vtec harness as there are no others that will work.. But some of the subharness that they sell come with a harness all the way out to the vtec and plugs right in..

Good to know. So can you just get those plugs seperate? ...or I guess then I could get a cheap b18 nonvtec harness and cut the iacv, temp sensor, and purge valve? That would be sweet...

You will only need 1-two wire plug and a one wire plug. Just go to a junkyard and find a vtec motor it could be a accord, integra, or civic, and just cut the two plugs..

Gotcha. Since vtec motors aren't very easy to find in a junkyard here in Idaho, could I even get a civic vtec harness (I think those are cheapest) for the vtec, pressure switch and knock sensor? ...basically are all vtec, pressure switch and knock sensor plugs the same on all vtec motors?

Thanks alot. Ill keep my eye open for a D16 civic harness. I talked to a guy that said you can get the plugs from the acura dealership... but I havent checked yet.

Back