possible trade of swap for car.??? to do or no

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok so someone wants to give me a 96 ek sedan civic.
green.
mostly stock has a y8 instead of y7 but still has y7 intake and such for emissions
claimed could not find a y7 with low miles. or good condition.
stock height. stock interior. basically stock lol. little fade on hood and roof.

wants to trade for my
jdm gsr with
skunk 2 mani
dc header
b16trans
axles
wiring harness and ecu.
but also wants my 16in rpf1 wheels with 70% tire life.

is it worth it. im currently building another gsr to go back into my del sol.

i paid 600 for rpf1 but that was with gsr spindals and rear trailing arms.. basically got one hell of a deal on that. my swap id want 1800 probably would only get about 1500. idk what ek sedans go for ??

not sure. i know that they arent too terribly expensive.
browse around on cl and see what people are pricing them for, and think about how much you would offer.

mileage?
actual condition? i know its all stock, but is it clean? all there?
what about the body, little fade is to be expected with 90's hondas, they never see wax lol. any dents? scratches?
what about tires? will they be needing replacing soon?

take all of that into account.
if you have a $2000 (with wheels) setup there, and these ek's look like they sell for about that much, then go for it.
dont be afraid to ask for a bit of cash on top though. lol.

yea the trade just got booted down. he couldnt tell me millage or when timing belt was changed or if it has. condition i would say fair on kbb. not wrecks just typical 90 model car. it valued at around 12 to 1900 on there so i told him i cant do both without him adding. he said no so i guess its over.

People always think their shitty Civics are worth their weight in gold, always cracks me up.

well if i kbb my del sol its around 3600 excellent condition which i know mine aint but i wouldnt take less then 3 for it. being gsr swapped with motor and suspension and stuff. and my wheels i wouldnt take less then 700 for them.

unless you REALLY need the extra seats
and REALLY dont have the money to have the del sol and something more practical
or your car is acting up and you dont want to bother getting it sorted
then i wouldnt touch that "trade"

i have another motor im getting ready to put in the sol so i was hoping to get a decent dd for my swap. ask swap not wheels lol. ive had a few offers but people seem to have retarted problems with them.

Back