possible trade?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

my 2000 honda civic 4 door with 298 000 km's with body damage and new winter tires for a 1995 civic hatch with a d15b swapped into it, dc headers, cold air, short shifter, stage 2 racing clutch with rust on the wheel wells. plus $500 cash on his part. does this seem pretty fair?

sorry its actually the d16z6. well i would say so, but im taking out my sub and amp to even it up a bit. the engines really clean and has about 80 000km's on it. his car is all motor.

well, if your car is worth more than $3000, it's a bad trade. if your body damage isnt' really that bad, i would keep it and just repair it.

well in the black book my cars worth about $2800 with about 300 000 km's. its a fair sized dent on the rear quarter panel, about an 1 1/2 deep and about as round as basketball.

well im tired of my d16y7, it so dam slow. my insurance would go down some cuz its an older vehicle, and i think it would be fun to rip around in the car.

the hatch wont be that much faster. it's a friggen honda, it's not going to be super fast. but it's down to personal preference, and you dont' need our opinion at that point.

a honda is a honda. it will feel "fast" because you are comparing to a grocery getter. one day, when you drive a real car, you will hate hondas. lol

I would trade but only 300 or so... and the 92-95 I would take because parts and time + labor would always be cheaper! :)

a honda is a honda. it will feel "fast" because you are comparing to a grocery getter. one day, when you drive a real car, you will hate hondas. lol

iv rode in a lambo a f430 and drove a m3. hands down better cars than hondas. i would still rather drive my honda knowing i built it than go out and spend 50 grand on a car. not saying your wrong tho. if i could afford a real car id buy one. but id still have my honda. having the best wouldnt make me hate my hobbie. :D

i am not trying to start an arguement here but when you say you will change your mind when you "drive a real car" what do you mean? i have drove plenty of cars that would most likely be your definition of "real cars" like a z06 vette and a 69 camaro and yes they are fast and torqey, but i cant compare any other ride to a built/ modified Honda. im assuming you have a SOHC with an intake and exhaust toalling a whopping 130 whp. i could be wrong but if you have ever driven a built Honda motor you will change your mind

i am not trying to start an arguement here but when you say you will change your mind when you "drive a real car" what do you mean? i have drove plenty of cars that would most likely be your definition of "real cars" like a z06 vette and a 69 camaro and yes they are fast and torqey, but i cant compare any other ride to a built/ modified Honda. im assuming you have a SOHC with an intake and exhaust toalling a whopping 130 whp. i could be wrong but if you have ever driven a built Honda motor you will change your mind

i've driven almost every car under $100k. just going to dealers and driving them or knowing people who have them. it's not about power. anybody who thinks a "real car" is about power needs to think again.

drive something like an M3. and really compare it side by side to a honda. take money out of the picture because most people drive hondas because they are on a budget.

but car for car, would you rather have 130hp, crappy suspension, no luxury options. M3, G37-s, etc, hell, you could just bump up to a $30,000 car and get some really good stuff. if you drive something from the factory with good power, suspension, and power options/ac/power steering, it just doesn't compare. i've owned 8 hondas and 6 nissans. would i like to have a honda for the track, yes. would i ever buy a honda and think that it fits my standards for spending my driving time, no.

i dont think your talking to me but... i figure ill just throw this in! right now im working on a a6/z6 minime turbo. once i pop that engine im dropping in a full z6 and tuning it. no intake cause the charge piping will be taking that over and making my own full 2-1/4 exhaust with a thrush turbo muffler. NO FART CANS!

Last edited:
Back