Possible Transmission Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

suehound

I am driving 1996 Honda Accord LX with 107000 miles with an automatic transmission. I recently encountered the check engine light coming on. I checked it at home and came up with Code 7, thus the turbine sensor circuit. I brought the car to the dealer and had them check the code. They said a need a whole new transmission. Instead of believing them, I brought it to a tranmission shop and they replaced the sensor. The problem was when I started the car in the morning and pressed the gas, the car would not go but the rpms would ramp up. I would them press the gas pedal and the car would go. The rpm would ramp up for about 1/2 mile then the car would be fine once I am on the highway. I don't think it is a tranmission problem but perhaps an electrical one. The windows are going up and down really slow and the clock fades. Any thoughts?

i would do what ever the honda dealer says but that tranny should not cost you that much(outside of dealer) just replace what ever they say at an outside shop

Back