1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

possible valve damage?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by h22bubbleback, Apr 15, 2004.

1. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

i was siting at a light waiting....i went to gas it a realized my car strangly stalled....when i tried to start it the crank turns but doesnt fire... i push it in to a lot when i realize fuck my timing belt must have went,the belt was loose as hell...because i tried to start it so many times could there be damage from the pistons hittin valves?

2. BlackFrog

BlackFrog Neighborhood Lush

could be. hondas are interference engines. did you hear them hitting while you cranked it? odds are, since it was idling when it died, and all you did was crank it, everything should be OK. Now if you had been spinning 7000 rpm's when it broke, that would have been another story.

3. h22bubbleback

h22bubbleback Senior Member

nah i didnt hear a thing...and what a bitch it is going to be for me to change it

4. driver1

driver1 Senior Member

what motor do u have some are interference some are not

5. typesiracing

typesiracing Senior Member

just out of curiosity which are and which aren't

6. thiebert

thiebert Senior Member

ZC and d16z6 are non interference

7. Projectzc

Projectzc Senior Member

Tighten your belt but also check you dizzy. Mine lasted 20,000 miles then the same thing happend a stall and it would not start. Take the dizzy off and see if it will turn freely or if it islocked up.

8. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

what is interferance ?

9. typesiracing

typesiracing Senior Member

interference basically is the potential for the valves to hit the piston when the engine is out of timing

10. jaredkay

jaredkay Junior Member

That is wrong... The d16z6 is for shure Interference... I know because my timing belt broke over the weekend... and you know what... I bent valves. (on my d16z6). Please, If you don't know what your talking about... dont post. I read this forum (it was the only one on my google search that stated the z6 is non-interference) and got all excited that my engine might be fine... but we put a new belt on it, and cranked it up, and ping...ping...ping, 2 valves on piston 4 are bent. It only holds around 60psi on compression test, and others hold 125. So please all... dont learn the hard way, change your belt... NOW!!!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted