possible valve damage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

h22bubbleback

i was siting at a light waiting....i went to gas it a realized my car strangly stalled....when i tried to start it the crank turns but doesnt fire... i push it in to a lot when i realize fuck my timing belt must have went,the belt was loose as hell...because i tried to start it so many times could there be damage from the pistons hittin valves?

could be. hondas are interference engines. did you hear them hitting while you cranked it? odds are, since it was idling when it died, and all you did was crank it, everything should be OK. Now if you had been spinning 7000 rpm's when it broke, that would have been another story.

what motor do u have some are interference some are not

Tighten your belt but also check you dizzy. Mine lasted 20,000 miles then the same thing happend a stall and it would not start. Take the dizzy off and see if it will turn freely or if it islocked up.

Quoted post[/post]]
ZC and d16z6 are non interference
That is wrong... The d16z6 is for shure Interference... I know because my timing belt broke over the weekend... and you know what... I bent valves. (on my d16z6). Please, If you don't know what your talking about... dont post. I read this forum (it was the only one on my google search that stated the z6 is non-interference) and got all excited that my engine might be fine... but we put a new belt on it, and cranked it up, and ping...ping...ping, 2 valves on piston 4 are bent. It only holds around 60psi on compression test, and others hold 125. So please all... dont learn the hard way, change your belt... NOW!!!

Back