Possibly no more C.A.R.B?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wouldn't hold my breath but you can bet that if the CARB were gone there'd be A LOT of money spent in CA for car parts all of a sudden!

:withstupid: I agree with James here... (first reply)

:worthy: Arnold, I haven't had a problem with CARB yet, but it would be nice not to have to worry :fuckyou2: to CARB

Um... this is a cut and paste of my reply on this topic from this subject on H-T.

Maybe Im the only person who this worries, but i see this as being potentially a bad thing. The CARB is a group of well qualified people who make decisions that are in the best interest of California's air quality. That is not to say that I dont find the visual inspection absurd (especially as i am driving a swapped car), but I honestly think better the learned and knowledgable making these decisions than politicians whose opinions can easily be swayed by contributions to their campaign coffers.

In rebuttal to Guy, I think any government-spawned organization will sway with the current politicians, and even CARB has only the authority that the government has given them. I also think that the whole visual inspection is absurd, mostly for the reason that you can swap a motor completely legit, and pass the sniffer with flying colors, but not be given a pass because some bureaucrat decided that no engine is good except the original one. Oh, but muscles cars, that is a different story, lets just let the biggest gas guzzlers on the road go about with no restrictions. The laws just make no sense, and need to be revised in a manner which is less imposing on the consumers and more focused on the actual problem. Truth is, they are more worried about green house gases, but the petroleum will probably be gone before we pollute our air to death, so will suv's be the next big target of CARB? I don't think so, because they sell well, and use a LOT of gas, which is good for the economic world. They also generata a lot more in tax revenue than small cars, so it is good for the politicians who are filling CARB's pockets. it all just a vicious circle, centered on greed. >end rant<

Originally posted by Guy@Aug 8 2004, 11:38 PM
Um... this is a cut and paste of my reply on this topic from this subject on H-T.

Maybe Im the only person who this worries, but i see this as being potentially a bad thing. The CARB is a group of well qualified people who make decisions that are in the best interest of California's air quality. That is not to say that I dont find the visual inspection absurd (especially as i am driving a swapped car), but I honestly think better the learned and knowledgable making these decisions than politicians whose opinions can easily be swayed by contributions to their campaign coffers.
[post=374186]Quoted post[/post]​

You live in a dream world. Carb over there is just like the water district in las vegas. People can't water their grass enough to keep it green, but all the mega-resorts have lush green landscapes.

:worthy: Arnold! :fuckyou: Davis and visual inspections! Arnold is so much smarter.....like that whole garage sale thing.

"CARB's actions will have no impact on global greenhouse gas levels. Indeed, Davis never intended for this pointless but expensive law to do anything serious about potential global warming. Rather, it was intended to embarrass President Bush for his alleged "inaction" on global warming, and thus ultimately force him to take actions at the national level that are as foolish as California's."

Yah....that one worked. Punishing us racers for no good reason! :angry:

"California's air-quality problems are real, but capping carbon emissions will not help to solve them."

Back