Post from a guy who crashed.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
Three weeks ago, a groundhog chose the wrong time to cross the road. He ran in front of me right at the exit of a corner. I went down at 60 mph.

I suffered only a dislocated thumb, a HUGE bruise on my right thigh, and two minor abrasions.

My injuries were relatively minor because I was wearing full protective gear. If I hadn’t been geared up, I would have needed extensive skin grafts, and I might have lost my right ear.

I ALWAYS ride in full gear. People often ask me how I can stand to wear a leather jacket and gloves when it is hot. I always answer the same way: “The pavement doesn’t care how hot it is.” My recent accident proved me right.

No matter who you are or how well you ride, there is a groundhog, patch of oil, bonehead motorist, or other hazard in your future. So please, GEAR UP, EVERYTIME, you get on the bike.

Thanks, Doug

I can't push wearing fullgear enough.Some people just dont get it. and I can't figure out why it is they dont get it.

one day they will understand.

then again, i understand a bit... when i used to ride through the woods i wore full gear.

on the street, not so much. i have a nice helmet and i wear gloves, though.

:werd:...if your not gonna wear full gear, at least wear jacket gloves jeans and a helmet....try some boots too, dont have to be riding boots

i see kids riding in flip flops and im seriously not gonna feel bad when they have road rash on 90% of their body.

try telling that to the idiots here in Indiana where there is no helmet law. there are many times when i see some jackass on a motorcycle (mainly crotch rockets) hauling ass down the road only wearing shorts and a tshirt. i just shake my head in disbelief at how idiotic they are. i guess they dont wanna live long???

same in pa with the no helmet law. I honestly do not feel bad for one guy on thier bike without one, be it a cruiser, harley, rocket whatever. They all ride around with shorts, tshirt, and sunglasses.
however my favorite is the guy on the rocket with his matching helmet hanging off of the back or halfway on his head (the norm in filthadelphia)

i heard a funny story the other day about some squid on his brand new 750 gixxer who bought some $800 carbon fiber helmet but had it on the side of his bike while riding. He then proceeded to drop the bike comming to a stop and it fell on the side with the helment and wrecked it. and i said "serve's you right for being a douche bag, you're lucky you didnt eat it while moving because that sweet CF helmet would have done you tons of good swinging off of the side"

rant over.... fucking douchebags give people who ride sport bikes a bad name

Saw this guy riding in full gear - helmet, full leathers, boots... - and on the back of his bike is his GF, - tank top, short shorts, flip flops... - and he's rippin on the thing hard to impress her, *sigh* must be true love.

i saw a guy the other day, jeans, riding boots, gloves, jacket.....no helmet.

just mind boggling.

Is it really that mind boggling that there are dumb idiots on the road? They infest every avenue of automated mobility. Cars, trucks, SUVs, bikes, boats, you name it, they are out there. It is amazing that the dumb idiots are able to obtain valid licenses, but then again, we are talking about out own Federal and state DOTs.

Back