Post Graduate Education/Training

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

hey guys ive been busy with exams, fees and admission stuff, but it just dawned on me, how the hell am i going to pay for the schooling? the tuition alone is $16k to $40 annually depending on which school i attend.

i got my bs and i came out relatively unscathed in terms of loans. however, i worked my butt off and i had scholarships. however, neither are available options to me this time.

ive been in contact with 3 or 4 pharmacists and all agree working while schooling is NOT an option because of the amount of studying and time at the facilities including labs and rounds. they say it feels like a 30 unit load (reference - 12 units is consider full-time for undergraduates).

also most of the scholarships are only given to first bachelor degree studies, so very few if any are available towards post grad stuff. unfortunately, my grades arent strong enough for some that are out there (3.8 GPA and above).

anyway, ive emailed some of the school's i applied for and generally most of them are loans and i dont mind. i was just wondering if the are other avenues i could look into and prepare myself for. i would like to avoid personal or outside loans because they tend to have high interest rates and the day you borrow, it starts accumulating interest.

fuck it
get gov't backed student loans and get a job in the public sector
then you don't have to pay a dime back... seriously, look into it

Word.

I have a buddy who is going to chiro school on a 40 unit load. Literally 50 hours a week of class/labs so there is almost 0 option to work elsewhere as he spends his free time studying. And its expensive. He has some huge federal loans and is hoping to get a job with the VA or a large company after. Big bucks though.

I'm on Chapter 33 GI benne's in law school

First year and a half is paid for, I should be able to scrape together a semester or more myself, will leave me with about $16,000-$35,000 in debt debt between undergrad and law school. Not too shabby.

that's really good Silverchild. I came out with only $3500 in loans for undergrad, but after pharmacy school, itll be around $200 to $250k.

as for taking fed. loans and working in the public sector, that's what i had hope, but im not sure if there are very many offers like that anymore because of the sudden flood of pharmacists available. ive heard of big retailers like WalGreens and CVS offering the same things, but not so much anymore.

thanks for the suggestion guys. hopefully i wont be the 99% with a degree and $200k in loans ;-)

IF you are man, I don't know how you got into pharmacy school in the first place.

haha i was just kidding. i actually wanted to be a marine biologist but i found out they make little next to nothing and have no life. besides, we have holy crusaders like Sea Shepherd protecting our seas.........

There is an independent pharmacy across from my old work. Those guys are rolling in the dough. They also have about 7 good looking girls in their 20s working there.

Back