1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

post swap bogging down problems

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by mustninty20, Oct 4, 2007.

1. mustninty20

mustninty20 New Member

Just got done swapping a D16Z6/auto into a 93 dx that was a D15B7/auto. And I'm having some serious bogging down issues. The car hesitates like crazy. There was some smoke coming from the cat conv so I thought that was clogged so i dropped the exhaust and have it now just dumping off the manifold which helped but still bad. I changed out the plugs, wires and fuel filter. Any other suggestions?Ideas? anything? I also am running the stock auto ecu p06 until i get a p28 auto ecu. Could that be part of the problem?

2. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

I'd think that was part of the problem, but it's hard to find a problem if all the components aren't correct. See if the correct ECU fixs it, then if not, it will be easier to diagnose. Also...color of smoke?

3. mustninty20

mustninty20 New Member

Looking for an ecu now, hopefully find one here soon. The smoke was white in color. Which worried me because usually thats coolant burning, AKA headgasket is F'ed.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted