Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ok...I have a band pass box with two 6" subs in it. It has the standard two pin connectors at the back, but one for each sub.

The home theater set-up came with the amp, seperate speakers and the sub.

1991 Honda Civic Hatch
2- Cerwin Vega 12" V-Max
2- Cerwin Vega EXL 1200d (sub power 900 rms @ 2 ohm)
4- 5.25 Cerwin Vega component sets
2- Cerwin Vega EXL 400.4 (wired to comps dropped to 2ohm per channel for 4 x 100)
Glassed door panels for component set
Rear armrests glassed for component set
Custom slot port box=================================================
147.5 db on Termlab

amp and subamp
l_a617d61df134477395019a79e80a411e.jpg

headunit
l_87c0770fce84412eba4ce905ab29dedf.jpg

So 'Glassheadlights' has a non-powered home theater sub
And 'cjvictoria' has a powered one (thus the inverter)

I am going to look into a powered 8" home theater one...or a bazooka power car sub

to all those power inverted home theatre sub having peeps.....

your crazy:lol: whatever works though. I cant wait to get my box built in my pickup. I cleaned it up Sat. I havent cleaned it in months so now it seems like a new vehicle to me. actually not ashamed to drive it.:lol: now i really need some bump back there.

8" sub in a bandpass.
6.5" Kenwood components in the front doors
6x9" kenwood 3-ways in the rear
1200W kenwood subwoofer amp.
Kenwood kdv-something head unit, usb iPod connection, audio delay features, etc.

Oh yeah, and a high-revving d14 engine with 2.5" exhaust. :D
070321_MEDEX_earplugsTN.jpg

I just like the thought of a self contained bass system (like bazooka) and these home theater subs are mostly self powered (cheap radio shack converter gets it done)

AS we all know....hatches don't have a lot of space for mounting amps. I would like to get rid of my 6X9's (and amp) and do it old school with the bottom of my back seat removed and lay the top of the seat down. Get the rear speaker grills, hardware and put some 5-1/4 in there. I want it bare and clean but can't really do much if I need two amps installed somewhere. I can hide an inverter. the sub has the power supply plug and a set of rca's that need to be ran (some are just one rca) It would clean up the back and all you would see is the ambiguous box in the back (or pull a few plugs and it comes out)

In my civic, I have said amp mounted under the rear trunk carpet, in the spare tire. The wire snakes up, and connects to the tiny little 8" bandpass sub. If needed, I can unhook the bandpass, put insulators on the wires, and put the box behind the driver's seat and fold the back down to haul big/long stuff.

Now with the fit, I doubt I'll need to haul stuff in the civic anymore. :D

for the cost of a home theatre system, you can get a used inifinity basslink.

I'm guessing this is a car audio sub?

I wasn't going to buy a whole system....just search for someone who upgraded their
system and has an extra self powered sub they dont need (lots of $mid-range$ home
theaters come with an 8" sub (I just finished researching for my home theater in Feb)

I have a Polk 10" sub and its too much bass so I turned it way down. An 8" will do this
old man right lol

I just like the thought of a self contained bass system (like bazooka) and these home theater subs are mostly self powered (cheap radio shack converter gets it done)

AS we all know....hatches don't have a lot of space for mounting amps. I would like to get rid of my 6X9's (and amp) and do it old school with the bottom of my back seat removed and lay the top of the seat down. Get the rear speaker grills, hardware and put some 5-1/4 in there. I want it bare and clean but can't really do much if I need two amps installed somewhere. I can hide an inverter. the sub has the power supply plug and a set of rca's that need to be ran (some are just one rca) It would clean up the back and all you would see is the ambiguous box in the back (or pull a few plugs and it comes out)

hatches have alot of space. amps mounted on the back seats are the best. My buddy had a fiberglass box with four 8's and had 2 amps and a battery in back. he had room...:D. I'll try to take a pic when i can.

I'm skerd to take the spare out lol

:withstupid: :D

my amp is in a retarded spot for anyone that carries passengers around a lot...but i don't, and it's easily hidden with one of those extra rear passenger floor mats i don't need in mah rex.

i was daydreaming once upon a time about putting it in the bench area, but i couldn't see defacing primo CRX interior bits. :rolleyes:

:withstupid: :D

my amp is in a retarded spot for anyone that carries passengers around a lot...but i don't, and it's easily hidden with one of those extra rear passenger floor mats i don't need in mah rex.

i was daydreaming once upon a time about putting it in the bench area, but i couldn't see defacing primo CRX interior bits. :rolleyes:

werd I saw some guy cut out the bottom of the bench and it looked good but f that no cuting in my Rex. Pics up soon.

for the cost of a home theatre system, you can get a used inifinity basslink.

I bought my powered sub by itself, since at the time I just needed to supplement an existing setup.
So that's 150
add 40 for the inverter
RCA's maybe 5 bucks
Head unit add 180

So I spent around... $375 all together on my setup. Most decent home theatres systems are a lil under that and go higher than that. Plus this speaker I got is more like the subs you would get with a $500 system.

Back