Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatches have alot of space. amps mounted on the back seats are the best. My buddy had a fiberglass box with four 8's and had 2 amps and a battery in back. he had room...:D. I'll try to take a pic when i can.

Yes...the back has room but I really want to lay the back seats down (with bottom seat
gone) and not have an amp being so visible (to detour tweaker thieves). I figure a
bazooka or the home theater sub would be pretty inconspicuous, self powered and
easily removed (to get that extra 1/100 shaved off the 1/4mile times lol)

well if your hatch is anything like the one oi had (1984 dx) then i would just pull out the rear interior panel on one side and mount the amp in the "wall" of the car... that would be super stealth. I thought about it with mine, but never got around to seeing if it would work.

hmmm....there might be some mounting points in there.....and would be stealth
but also hot hot hot...so a fan too

yeah thats a good idea... maybe you could even cut a vent with a fan, like the side of some computers have.

or better yet, two vents and you'll be set. one intake and one exhaust

I would just mount a radio shack fan...or two next to the amp and let it go wherever it evacuates.
Don't wanna mess up my Si interior (silly but true)

lol i hear ya that stuff is hard to come by in some areas... plus since its si its black right? yeah fuck that..

Mine is still a work-in-progress, a 3-way active setup:

-JVC SHX850 HU
-CDT ES-01 tweeters running straight off the HU
-Peerless HDS Exclusive 5.5" in the doors
-Peerless SLS6 in the rear pods; SLS8 if I decide to redesign the rear pod
-MB Quart DSC4125 amp powering the Peerless drivers; considering using the amp just for the mids and tweets and a separate amp for the rear mid-bass
*if needed, I have a JL12W0 on hand but need a separate amp for it.

I'm also debating on getting a equalizer; Soundstream PQ-7...but don't know if it'll need it yet.

So 'Glassheadlights' has a non-powered home theater sub
And 'cjvictoria' has a powered one (thus the inverter)

I am going to look into a powered 8" home theater one...or a bazooka power car sub
Right. On the back of the box it says 50w rme each and my deck is giving it 50w max each. My tail lights are out right now so it sounds had but I'll still make a video.

I love my neon's solidness. I can turn my shit on full blast and it doesnt even make the trunk rattle. I mean not even outside... It should but it doesn't. It's amazing really...

my boom box.

Got an 89 crx si with pioneer deck pioneer 3 way front speakers and mtx 3 way rears. Alpine amp( 400w rms) and a massive rw 12 sub in a 50hz box.
DSCF3442-1.jpg

DSCF3434-1.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3429-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBCgiyjE-0c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3cFfKgGpRA

Alpine amp( 400w rms) and a massive rw 12 sub in a 50hz box.

DSCF3424.jpg

DSCF3429-1.jpg

/quote]
Nice box....fits well. Ported? Its so big....it should have a port. And that Alpine is 400watts? At what % distortion? 14.4v a that wattage? Seems 2-times too high for the size of that ALPINE.

And I agree on the wiring being hidden. Three zip-ties will do wonders too

Its a alpine 800w peek(400rms). dont know distortion rateing and its 12v. sub is 800w peek (400 rms)

doesnt take much for the crx to bump. another reason i love them.
haha not at all! when i bought my sub the guy asked whats it going in and i replied a crx. his mouth droped and said you will blow yourself to peaces. I said you watch to much fast and the furios.

That amp is plenty for what you have

Distortion level is important aspect to understanding the amp abilities.

That amp....sorry to tell you....is not even close to putting out 400 clean watts (< 0.08% distortion)
Even when it was new it wasn't even close. But if it works in your car....sweet.

Linear Power make some amps that were rated at 48 watts each (over $800) and they
were about the same size as yours. Linear is way way way expensive and made mostly for
competitions. I saw a old toyota startlet with two of those 48 watt Linear amps with 8-10
batteries ran parallel with eachother and each amp running one 18" Cerwin Vega with
those metal nipples and he hit over 160dbl. Linear under rates their products for
competition reasons, So its not the size of your amp that tells me its ability...its the brand
that tells me. Not to say they're bad amps at all (sick head units) but (like most amps) its
not some big thing that comes in a small package. Many companies skew results when
claiming power abilities.

Back