Post your best reaction time

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1.388 -_-

first and only time ive ever run 1/4 mile

and i have the slip to prove it

:ph34r:

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 31 2003, 02:14 AM
1.388 -_-

first and only time ive ever run 1/4 mile

and i have the slip to prove it

:ph34r:

That's funny E, I have a slip very similar to yours. I was watching this awesome looking Z28 I was supposed to be racing...and I forgot to hit the gas. :lol:

my best is a .501... immediately after i got a .497 which gave me a fat red light!

B)

BTW: i have the slip to prove it but im in the middle of moving so i'll post it later if you like

So I guess the point would be to get a .500?

Why would anything below that give you a red flag? The human reaction shouldn't be anything less than .500?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 2 2004, 12:49 AM

Why would anything below that give you a red flag? The human reaction shouldn't be anything less than .500?

someone correct me if im wrong here (my type of racing is set off with a flag not a light)

but im pretty sure from the time the lights on the "tree" start to go its .500 till the green

so basicly you are trying to time it just right so at the same moment the light turns green you are launching

I got a .501 at the hot rod nationals and put out a 7 second car in my 14 second mustang.;)

That was back when I was bracket racing almost every weekend, though... Now I'm fortunate to get a .550-.600. :(

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 2 2004, 02:12 AM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 2 2004, 12:49 AM

someone correct me if im wrong here (my type of racing is set off with a flag not a light)

but im pretty sure from the time the lights on the "tree" start to go its .500 till the green

so basicly you are trying to time it just right so at the same moment the light turns green you are launching

sorta got it.

.500 seconds is the time between when the last yellow light goes out and the green light lights up. you would think it would be easier to get good reaction times BUT, you have to take into consideration your tire can be anywhere in a 6" "staged" box.

for a pro tree there is only a .400s delay, and the lights dont go down the tree all 3 just light up at once and go out... no fun.

staging is by far the most complicated part of a drag race.

first and only time at the track i got a .620

Competition tree - there are .5 seconds between the three yellows and the green.
Pro tree - all yellows flash at the same time and there is .4 seconds till the green.

I'm not sure why staging is the most difficult part. All you do is inch up slowly. The launch is by far the most difficult.

Back