Post your lightened Flywheel experiences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

Although they can be pretty pricey, I'm considering getting one for my Bswap, because I'm hearing good things about how they improve acceleration, so everyone post your experiences after going from the stock B flywheel to whatever lightened one you have. Also if you can post your engine setup the flywheel brand, weight, and 1/4 mile time b4 and after. Thankyou.

I don't know about quarter mile times, but the engine revs up and down much faster than stock- and I didn't lose any drivability. I'm running the 7.5 pound Clutchmasters/Fidanza flywheel.

The fodo had an ACT ProLite 8.8lb flywheel in it, and I loved it.

When I got the prelude, I put another ACT ProLite in it.

And take a wild guess what I'm running in the hatch

ACT ProLite :thumbsup:

i got a fidanza in my teg and its pretty sweet. no quarter mile time yet. if you are getting a flywheel, then you should get a clutch since you'll be in there already, if you dont already have one.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 10 2004, 01:05 AM
good for a quick double clutch

I can't believe that you just said that.
[post=414562]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not? Lighter flywheels do help when double clutching. I wish I had a lighter flywheel in the truck, especially since the synchros are dying and I have to double clutch to get into lower gears all the time.

yeah i used ACT prolite in the GSR civic and it is currently in the old ladies integra

I haven't had any problems with ACT products and the lightened flywheel def. lets the car rev quicker and really didn't hurt any of my driveability, even at 8 pounds

Originally posted by Calesta+Nov 10 2004, 07:36 AM-->
civicious
@Nov 10 2004, 01:05 AM
good for a quick double clutch

I can't believe that you just said that.
[post=414562]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not? Lighter flywheels do help when double clutching. I wish I had a lighter flywheel in the truck, especially since the synchros are dying and I have to double clutch to get into lower gears all the time.
[post=414615]Quoted post[/post]​

Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...that fifty shot of NAWWWSSSS probably blew the welds on the intake manifold...Now the mad scientist is gonna have to rip apart the block to replace the piston rings that you fried.

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 10 2004, 09:19 AM
Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...that fifty shot of NAWWWSSSS probably blew the welds on the intake manifold...Now the mad scientist is gonna have to rip apart the block to replace the piston rings that you fried.
[post=414635]Quoted post[/post]​

:p

I really do double clutch on downshifts quite a bit, especially in the truck. It really needs it.

I've got the CM 7.5 in my crx. Initially driving with it takes a little getting used to. I'm not sure that there was a much of an improvement speedwise, but it does seem like the throttle is a bit more responsive.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 10 2004, 12:42 PM
yeah i agree that it takes a dayor two to figure out how to drive a lightened flyhweel smoothly-
[post=414765]Quoted post[/post]​

Took me about 5 minutes. I never even stalled it once. :shrug2:

Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 10 2004, 01:32 PM
Took me about 5 minutes. I never even stalled it once. :shrug2:
[post=414805]Quoted post[/post]​

took me about the same; but i stalled once... :D

Kaiten Super Karui... weighs in at 4 KG's (10lbs)... the car hasnt ran since I installed it, no experience. I want to put an ITR one in it though... and sell this Kaiten...

Originally posted by driverunknown@Nov 10 2004, 07:02 PM
what about stock flywheels that have been lightened?
[post=415015]Quoted post[/post]​

They can work good, but they become structurally weaker if they are machined too much or not right.

Back