Post your lightened Flywheel experiences

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i'm serious about the double clutch thing. i never down without it. it just puts a peice of mind into not f*cking my car. and it's not because i got it outa some fnf bs. :lol:

with the act stage1 and 8lbs cm it feels like it stops my whole engine when i shift fast or down from 5th to 3rd. so that's my reason. blah, i don't need to explain myself.

Originally posted by civicious+Nov 10 2004, 09:19 AM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Nov 10 2004, 07:36 AM
civicious
@Nov 10 2004, 01:05 AM
good for a quick double clutch

I can't believe that you just said that.
[post=414562]Quoted post[/post]​

Why not? Lighter flywheels do help when double clutching. I wish I had a lighter flywheel in the truck, especially since the synchros are dying and I have to double clutch to get into lower gears all the time.
[post=414615]Quoted post[/post]​

Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...that fifty shot of NAWWWSSSS probably blew the welds on the intake manifold...Now the mad scientist is gonna have to rip apart the block to replace the piston rings that you fried.
[post=414635]Quoted post[/post]​

ah hahahahahahahaha thats the best thing ive heard all night me and my friends can sit and resite that whole movie its the funniest thing ever... ahh the good ol days... :lol:

Originally posted by civicious@Nov 10 2004, 09:19 AM
Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...that fifty shot of NAWWWSSSS probably blew the welds on the intake manifold...Now the mad scientist is gonna have to rip apart the block to replace the piston rings that you fried.
[post=414635]Quoted post[/post]​

he obviously has a motec exhaust ;)

Had a nine pound on the miata and loved it, I had to becareful with starting up from a stop as it is a slightly different feel than stock. Overall I think it is worth it, don't go too light as you risk breaking it if you dump the clutch. I say 8 or 9lbs. should be fine.

9.2lb kaiten kairu with a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch. I have had a lightweight flywheel in every honda I have I like it. Improves throttle response and is less stress on the engine.

Back