posted on a bike board, total jackass =)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
This guy works at a motorcycle dealership. He keeps us updated with all the random bike stories. He posted this today on the bike forums =)

I'm walking back from 7/11 with my afternoon coffee (there is a Cycle Gear between us and 7/11 - one of these days I'll do a Cycle Gear post
tongue.gif
) and I see a GSXR ('04) laying on it's right side with the owner standing over it (not a rare sight in the Cycle Gear lot by any stretch). I circle around a vehicle to help him lift it, but by then he has it on the wheels. I saw a .5" breaker bar with a large socket laying nearby on the ground, but that didn't really "register" in my brain. As I turned away, it dawned on me that he was probably trying to remove the rear wheel to get a tire mounted and and knocked the bike over. Oh well, he won't get far without a rear wheel stand, anyway. I get a bit further away, look back, and see the bike laying on it's left side. WTF is this guy doing?
Then it dawned on me.... He didn't have a stand, so he was laying the bike in the lot to remove the rear wheel!!! Sure enough, he pulls the wheel and carries it inside, leaving the bike on it's side tucked between two large pick-up trucks.

It's scary that (A) people like this are running around totally unsupervised and (B) if he has not already reproduced, he may at any time.

You don't even need bike stands...

I've been setting my swingarm on jackstands for who knows how long, with zero problems...

yeah, but ive had bikes for many many years... moto-x anyone?

my stand works like a tranny stand :)

Set a jackstand on either side, grab the subframe, pick the bitch up, and slide both jackstands in with your feet. It takes some nuts, but with practice you might be able to pull it off.

Back