posting for a friend

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

ok im up here in laramie wyoming and i have a kid in my class that has an 89 hatch STD. well he doesnt have 4th gear or reverse. he was going to buy a the 4spd transmission for $124. i told him to hold on a bit and i would check around. so if anyone has an old 4spd laying around that they want to get rid of PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!!!!!!!! this is my homepage so i will check this thread daily. also if you look at this thread and dont have the trans he is looking for please give it a bump so someone that might have this transmission might see it. thanks in advance for your help guys, i hope someone can come through for this kid.

PS: im pretty sure he would be happy with any cable D series trans, just as long as it shifts good and can get him from A to B.

PSS: found out today that the trans is an auto, and we arent allowed to work on our own cars in student housing :angry: this car is just a car to get him back and forth to school, and he is on some hard times right now. so he doesnt have the money to do an auto to manual swap. i know this might make my search a little harder, but if you have a D-series auto trans that will work with an 88-91 civic please let me know!!!!!!!

muhahahah

i've got a 4 speed for you

just dropped it out of my hatchie, odo reads under 130K...
didn't run when i got it but previous owner drove it till the motor shitted out, so i think the trans is good...

but i;m in NY

your friend should get a 5 speed instead... he will be much happier with a 5 speed and it should be just a little more money...

have him check at scotts honda down in ft. collins, only a 45 min drive they always have d-series trannys, or call PFI , I'll pm you the numbers.
go with the 5 speed

thanks for the replies guys.

ripperbone: i'll write down those numbers and give them to him.

bump for the added info up top.

Back