1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Vs. Sleeving

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by civicsittingon17, Apr 29, 2003.

1. civicsittingon17

civicsittingon17 Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone know anything about posting. I want to post the block instead of sleeve it so i dont have to worry about lack of oil flow. I am currently getting parts together for a b20 vtec with a b18c head with a compression around 11.5 and need to do something to protect the cylinder walls of the higher compression. any info could help and if anyone wants to ask me questions feel free. AIM: mikeGRSwld

2. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

You don't need anything for 11.5:1. I run that on 91 octane with no problems.

3. BoneStock

BoneStock Junior Member

You wouldnt need posting unless your running some boost/turbo..

There is some people that have posted their blocks on hmt

4. CriztheWiz

CriztheWiz Banned

The B20 has some thin walls if you use that block I would post. The shop that built my motor won't use B20's any more said he's sick of them coming back with cracked cylinders. They only do re-sleeved 1.8's now.

5. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Your shop is doing something wrong with the builds then, or the owners of the blocks are doing something stupid to crack them. Intercrew's never had a B20 come back because the build was faulty, and they've built tons of them.

6. 90 accord

90 accord Chicks dig the box Moderator VIP

just went to HMT and it seems really iffy. went to "turbo projects" and read 3 of them. 2 of them ended uup in fucking up the engine, not to mention how shitty the piping on some of the cars look. i wouldn't really trust someone who uses "brang" either.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted