powder coating?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JR3

I've searched and read a bunch of threads regarding powder coating but none really answered my question....so here we go...
Here's the situation, There is a guy who lives on my girlfriends street who is selling a 93 integra for $800. It has aftermarket (i've never looked too close so i do't know the brand or size or anything yet) 5 spoke rims, they're probably 15's. they're brushed steel?...I say steel and not aluminum because they look a little rusty and oxidised.
Ok so you know about the rims, here's the plan, to offer him my stock steely's w/hub caps and about a hundred bucks or so for the rims. I figure if he's selling the whole thing for eight hundred, a hundred for the rims shouldn't hurt him too bad.

So what I really need to know is will a good sandblasting and powder coating clean these rims up nice? ( i know there are no pics... and it depends on the skill of the person doing the rims...but in theory...) and how durable is powder coating anyways? will it stand up to shitty winter weather, or am i better off to change the rims to steel wheels come snow time? (it's probably a good idea for me to have winter tires anyways)

(...and are there any other parts I could try to snag for my 93 civic while i'm wheeling and dealing?)

Back