PowderCoated some stuff!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

who do u know in the states that does this grade of work? im in the midwest if that helps. id ship to u but if somethings closer good. got any pics of calibers or rims?

The mirror black is damn nice powder.I just got some Satin black and Flat black,now i can't decide what color to do my wheels in.

Black chrome is pretty bad ass. Especially on a bright clear day. Another cool twist on black is black gold. Pretty much the same as black chrome, but with a gold base coat. Its not really my style, and doesnt fit any of my real world applications, but its still a great lookin color.

Black chrome is pretty bad ass. Especially on a bright clear day. Another cool twist on black is black gold. Pretty much the same as black chrome, but with a gold base coat. Its not really my style, and doesnt fit any of my real world applications, but its still a great lookin color.

Ya the Black chrome is pretty nice looking.So many sick colors out there drives me insane!I got to stop buying so much powder.

bought cheep eastwood gun and old oven have to order somepowders now and try this out then get to building oven

you have any sugestions on places to get powder and are the all created equal or no

Powderbuythepound.com =best prices and good powder.

Oven building-- Caswell plating has a forum for ovens
Eastwood Powder-Oven Forum
Basically 18g sheetmetal inner walls
3 5/8 metal drywall studs for the frame
Roxul mineral wool-safe and sound high temp insulation 4" thick
22g outer walls
2-4 oven elements depending on how big the oven will be
High temp wire for the elements
Control box/Pid-- Tedsfabrication.com has a control panel already built so no need to search for parts to control eveything.
Lots of Rivets.
Have fun,its a big project.

yea ive read up on ovens alot im going to build 3'W 4'D 6'H un sure on how much im going to need for heating elements wattage wise im ready for the project

Cardinal Industrial Finishes

Havent looked at powderbythepound, but I will vouche for Cardinal. Their powder is amazing. The chrome coats look like mirrors, the sparkle coats look like glitter, the clear coats look like fluid, and the colors are super rich. My coater has been using em for 15 years with no complaints.

bn3.jpg

bn2.jpg

bn1.jpg

The black and pink valve cover is nasty, good work.:)

when you tape off letters do you remove the tape before puting it back in the oven for the second color to prevent lifting as the first color will get soft again in the oven???

Awesome job! We have been in the powdercoating business for two years now. For just doing it as a hobby you do great work. If you lived around me and needed a job I would hire you in a heartbeat.
Are you pre baking the aluminum parts first to prevent out gassing?

Last edited:
Back