Powdercoating Valve Covers and other parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you have a b16 valvecover right now? i dont want to have any down time on my car waiting for a valvecover to get painted. if you do, i can send you the money to have it painted high gloss candy red with the letters the metal color. and when it gets here, i can send you my old one.

Originally posted by wickedplastikman@May 26 2005, 05:41 PM
do you have a b16 valvecover right now? i dont want to have any down time on my car waiting for a valvecover to get painted. if you do, i can send you the money to have it painted high gloss candy red with the letters the metal color. and when it gets here, i can send you my old one.
[post=504034]Quoted post[/post]​

This is the cover I have now:

rtypeengine.jpg

Although the one I have is bare metal. This may not be the cover you're looking for. However, if it is not, I can send you this cover as it is bare metal, and then you can ship me yours. Once I receive yours, I will coat and then ship back.

I will PM you with the final price.

Thanks again, Bryan

Summer is almost near, and there are plenty of shows approaching. Nothing wins shows more than a powdercoated valve cover :thumbsup:

Wow, I thought more people would be interested in this. Definitely can't beat the price. If there's anything else I can do, just let me know.

Originally posted by mntdewred@May 30 2005, 12:46 AM
Have a valve cover powdercoated and I'll throw in a free can of Chef Boyardee Ravioli :thumbsup:
[post=505201]Quoted post[/post]​

you never PM'd me back?

I have a SOHC D-series Vtec valve cover that some dumbfuck decided to spray paint silver...looks like shit! I dunno what color I am going with in my engine bay so...I think I just might want black with white letters or gray letters maybe...dunno

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@May 30 2005, 11:07 AM
I have a SOHC D-series Vtec valve cover that some dumbfuck decided to spray paint silver...looks like shit! I dunno what color I am going with in my engine bay so...I think I just might want black with white letters or gray letters maybe...dunno
[post=505255]Quoted post[/post]​

Whatever you want, I'll do. Just let me know what kind of colors/texture you want.

If I get my old one back from my friend that has it, I am definitely sending it your way.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@May 30 2005, 03:20 PM
If I get my old one back from my friend that has it, I am definitely sending it your way.
[post=505319]Quoted post[/post]​

Just let me know when you get it back, and let me know what kind of Chef Boyardee canned pasta you'd like :thumbsup:

Hello, I have a question about powdercoating and I hope this is the right post for it; Do you know if it's possible to powdercoat rims that have already been powedercoated? I just had them powdercoated, but was not happy with the way they turned out. If it's possible, I may be sending you some business. Thanks.

Yes, it is possible to have them recoated. However, to achieve the best quality, the rims would be stripped of the previous powder. Stripping powder is not the easiest thing in the world either. It takes some strong, industrial type stuff to remove it. Unfortunately, I am not powdercoating any rims yet. I am just sticking with valve covers and smaller items. I hope to do rims one day, and will let everyone know when I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back