Powdercoating...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
I have a set of konig drivers i got last year. Upon taking them off for winter i wanted to get new tires so i picked up some new toyo proxies. And my rims are in bad shape. I hit a curb the first snow of the year and just knicks from parking and so on... but i wanted to get them refinished. I wanted to go with black again so i called a few powdercoating shops around in maryland and the cheapest price i could find for powdercoating my 16 inch rims are 235 plus tax. Is that too much...Should i shop around more or do u think that is cheap? I dont know... i know i just want them to be done by the spring time.

go to Les Slob, i mean Les Schwab and see what they charge because i know they do it.

personally that sounds reasonable to me 60 bucks a wheel might be a little high, but im on the west coast so stuff could be different over here

im from the TX area and i was wonderin if anyone knew of a powdercoating shop around here i would also like to powdercoat my rims also but with a flat black look any help thanks

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Jan 28 2004, 01:21 AM
Thanks for your advice, any help i can get is good. Have you seen there work personally though?

no ive never seen it, but i know that they offer it, ive seen teh brouchure

just so you know there is a guy on homemadeturbo.com who is offering this service. i don't know if he can do rims, but i am having a couple valve covers done. he is really cheap, check it out.

$235 for 4 wheels is cheap. I just paid over $650 for my entire suspension, 4 wheels, valve cover, IM and some sml. assorted pieces. Just the wheel where $300 of the total. I say go for it. But I'm on the West Side also, so there might be a price difference.

matt

Back